Syracuse's 2004-05 team soared to Big East title and then crashed into Vermont (No. 12) | Syracusefan.com

Syracuse's 2004-05 team soared to Big East title and then crashed into Vermont (No. 12)

Even Warrick's ten turnovers…we spent four years hearing broadcasters gush over his footwork, often noting that officials had to pay careful attention because Warrick moved legally in a way that often appeared to be a travel. Then the Vermont refs whistled every one of those moves, several of which were bogus calls.

But we were under-seeded (six losses, all to ranked teams, and league tournament champions) and they were over-seeded. We also played like crap and were out-coached.

It was a debacle of a game.

One game, of course, does not define a team. Unreasonable of Waters to elevate 2009 over superior teams such as this one.

I may have never been more frustrated with JB than I was during this game. I know it wasn't all coaching (Hakim had 10 TOs for example), but watching those guys nail three after three was infuriating.

That team should have been better than a 4 seed.

I feel like Sorrentines dagger three has created this false narrative that they killed us from behind the arc. But really they went 7-21 from three.

The things that KILLED us

Warrick triple double

Gmat being Gmac and going 4-18

Germaine Mopa Njila

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SYRtoBOS

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online