Syracuse's CJ Fair named Big East Player of the Week | Syracusefan.com

Syracuse's CJ Fair named Big East Player of the Week

He took over that Nova game for about 5 minutes in the 2nd half, it seems like he is beginning to realize that he can do that when he wants to.

He took over that Nova game for about 5 minutes in the 2nd half, it seems like he is beginning to realize that he can do that when he wants to.
it was a terrific showing of CJ, the most recent of several, but I would argue that it was actually MCW who took the game over. CJ's first bucket was a tip in, but his next three were the result of MCW finding him in rhythm for fluid jumpers (he was only credited with two assists, but it should have been all 3). MCW then got everyone involved, getting assisted buckets for DC, Roc, Grant and Cooney, while scoring himself and playing very active defense.

IMG_2905.jpg

And to think, there were complaints on this board about his inability to pass and get it to teammates. As far as scoring goes, he is the most efficient player on the team. He is one of the few players that can get his own shot, along with MCW and Triche.

And to think, there were complaints on this board about his inability to pass and get it to teammates. As far as scoring goes, he is the most efficient player on the team. He is one of the few players that can get his own shot, along with MCW and Triche.
it was less than a month ago that there was a long "what is wrong with CJ" thread on this board

that said, he is becoming a more proficient scorer, but he is not (yet) a particularly efficient one

From what I read about my favorite player, he dominated the game for 5 minutes. Huh? Only scored because MCW got him the ball in rhythm. Huh? And hasn't been an effiecient scorer. Huh? Well I think after CJ dominated the game from the onset of the 2nd half with designed plays and because of that Villanova had to pick their poison from there. It opened up our whole offense and he should be player of the week. Without an ineffiecent CJ we lose that game.lol. BTW, JB made some wonderful halftime adjustments and deserves kudos.

Me > CJ

at lacrosse, have you seen him try that sport?? its a GD train wreck.

well, I didn't say he "only" scored because MCW found him in rhythm, I said MCW was the primary reason for the offensive explosion because he was involved with getting everyone involved. CJ deserves player of the week because he had a great week, but MCW was the indispensable catalyst in the Nova game.

it was less than a month ago that there was a long "what is wrong with CJ" thread on this board

that said, he is becoming a more proficient scorer, but he is not (yet) a particularly efficient one

I think CJ has proved my point. We NEED him to score to be successful. He can't be the 4th option on this team if we are to be a contender. People we saying he was fine and he shouldn't force things, but we need our best most experienced players to shoot the ball. When I asked who do you want to shoot from 15ft and in? I believe your answer was DC2 and mine answer was CJ.

I'm not going to call a player out for not doing enough if I don't believe he can do more. I don't expect as much from freshmen as I do from juniors and seniors. Grant is probably the most talented (upside) player on the team, but BT, CJ, and James (if he comes back) are expected to carry the load.

There was a halftime adjustment and both players did their job. But CJ put the ball in the basket, a task that seems to be difficult for everyone else at this juncture. IMO, MCW would help the offensive sets if he could finish the easy shots he gets in those sets. Both players are indispensable at this point but I definitely get frustrated at MCW missing layups. We could definitely use more efficient scoring from him. Well if making the pass is the primary reason for the offensive explosion then making the shot is secondary in your view. I don't agree with JS on the bench. We've gotten good looks all year because of MCW, we need someone to make them and CJ did that. JMO.

so i'm watching cuse/nova and wenzel calls out late in the game trevor cooney as the impact player of the game (they then put up a graphic bannered clearly with the words "impact player") i say to myself WHAAAHHT!!!
so fast forward to 1 minute left and c.j.fair was announced as impact player of the game. what happened here?

so i'm watching cuse/nova and wenzel calls out late in the game trevor cooney as the impact player of the game (they then put up a graphic bannered clearly with the words "impact player") i say to myself WHAAAHHT!!!
so fast forward to 1 minute left and c.j.fair was announced as impact player of the game. what happened here?

Trevor's father left the TV control center to get a coffee.

There was a halftime adjustment and both players did their job. But CJ put the ball in the basket, a task that seems to be difficult for everyone else at this juncture. IMO, MCW would help the offensive sets if he could finish the easy shots he gets in those sets. Both players are indispensable at this point but I definitely get frustrated at MCW missing layups. We could definitely use more efficient scoring from him. Well if making the pass is the primary reason for the offensive explosion then making the shot is secondary in your view. I don't agree with JS on the bench. We've gotten good looks all year because of MCW, we need someone to make them and CJ did that. JMO.

yeah MCW is getting a little to much credit for running the plays JB told him to run.

but you are acting like CJ was the only one scoring - they ran several plays for him and he converted, yes, and they were critical buckets, yes - but it was MCW who ran the show and set him up, and then he set, literally everyone else up, too. If SU had been a one man gang with CJ having to play hero ball, then Nova could have easily adjusted. Now, I'm not trying to take anything away from CJ - I said earlier in this thread that he rightfully deserves POW - but in my opinion, MCW was the key player in the 2nd half, a maestro conducting an orchestra and getting contributions from everyone. MCW was Duke Ellington and CJ was Paul Gonsalves.

With all due respect they definitely tried to take CJ away after he went off, and that opened it up for everyone. You act like MCW had 15 assists, he had 7, and had 3 to's at crunchtime. A little too shaky at the end for my liking . He is a maestro but to be the Duke he is going to need to finish in the lane so they can't just play his pass. It's only a matter of time before it happens. Like I stated, we've gotten good looks all year because of MCW and expect him to get even better as the year goes on. We need a nice floor game out of him Saturday from what I saw from L'ville tonight.

With all due respect they definitely tried to take CJ away after he went off, and that opened it up for everyone. You act like MCW had 15 assists, he had 7, and had 3 to's at crunchtime. A little too shaky at the end for my liking . He is a maestro but to be the Duke he is going to need to finish in the lane so they can't just play his pass. It's only a matter of time before it happens. Like I stated, we've gotten good looks all year because of MCW and expect him to get even better as the year goes on. We need a nice great floor game out of him Saturday from what I saw from L'ville tonight.

MCW was Duke Ellington and CJ was Paul Gonsalves.
MCW can be a little too much Ornette Coleman at times, while Carl Jr has played the part of the unflappable Charlie Haden throughout.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CB277777

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom