Taking the opposite stance this season...at least for a while | Syracusefan.com

Taking the opposite stance this season...at least for a while

Pyle

All Conference
Haven't come here since the loss. Wanted to avoid all the bashing that would go on. I know last year I was one of the first ones to be critical. Critical of Nassib, Marrone, Hackett, etc. What happened after that taught me a little lesson in humility. Despite my constant negative criticisms the first half of the season, all 3 are in the NFL. So I learned(well confirmed anyway) that I know squat when it comes to this stuff. I figured I'd come here today to alot of offense bashing, Allen bashing, WR bashing, OL bashing, McDonald bashing, and HCSS bashing. I was right. But seriously we need to give these guys a break and maybe reserve judgement for a few games before bitching. Was I happy with the offense or Allen's performance or the OL and running game? Absolutely not. Did HCSS lose his cool on the sideline? Sure did. Did we expect to win a NC this year? No so one game does not make the season. We need to give these guys all time to adjust a bit. First time out together for all these guys. I expect them to all improve as should you. NW game will be tough, they gained 508 with a backup QB. After that is Tulane and Wagner and then we start the ACC so we have time to get this thing right before Clemson. Most people admit that a 6-6 season with another bowl berth would be a good way to continue the momentum that DM created. Transition years are tough and this one will be no different but the post-season is still a very real possibility and people need to see this season as a journey, not treat it like we are some juggernaut ready to roll over everyone.

If we can get average offensive production, this team will win their share of games, if we can't could be a 3-4 win season. We should know more after 5 games.

Obviously no one is happy with the result of the game, but we need to take a step back and realize we have a lot of new pieces. I think things will improve and when it's all said and done, this season will be a success. Yes, we were sloppy offensively, but PSU didn't exactly mop the floor with us. Our defense was stout, with the exception of a blown coverage. Let's keep in mind if Reddish out runs an O-lineman, we're very likely 1-0.

If we can get average offensive production, this team will win their share of games, if we can't could be a 3-4 win season. We should know more after 5 games.
losing a game when you are well coached, just out coached or out talented...is fine.

we lost because because we were out talented and poorly coached.

i guess at the end of the day we had the ball and a chance to win, so that says something. i think theres talent there, just got to get them in position to show it.

but if mcd struggled with a short playbook, i fail to see how adding more is good thing.

wagner cant get here fast enough....

All will be forgiven if they are able to go into the Clemson game with a 3-1 record.

"IF": the biggest little word in the dictionary.

Keeping fingers crossed...

"IF": the biggest little word in the dictionary.

Keeping fingers crossed...
yep.

and tulane is likely to be 3-0 and thinking they can beat Cuse.

and with the way realignment played out, i doubt they like us, so extra motivation too.

could be 1-3 heading into the clemson game as well.

yep.

and with the way realignment played out, i doubt they like us, so extra motivation too.

Not sure I buy this, motivation only goes so far. Tulane doesn't have Allen Robinson and that was the difference in the game.

losing a game when you are well coached, just out coached or out talented...is fine.

we lost because because we were out talented and poorly coached.

i guess at the end of the day we had the ball and a chance to win, so that says something. i think theres talent there, just got to get them in position to show it.

but if mcd struggled with a short playbook, i fail to see how adding more is good thing.

wagner cant get here fast enough....
And yet SU was in a position to win the game with 2 mins. remaining in the game.

Understand all the bashing, but keep in mind we lost by 6 when PSU was favored by 7. So, disappointing, but not the end of the world.

Lost mainly because we could not establish our running game. Too many second and longs; third and longs. PSU has two legitimate DL stars in Jones & Barnes, and highly rated talent in the other DL slots.

We aren't good enough (QB and WRs) to win, unless we can get more from the running game. But no reason why Trudo, Robinson & Foy will not get better; and Allen should get much better by October.

yep.

Yup hard to say how a game could play out especially if one team is 3-0 and feeling confident versus a team that maybe 1-2 and still struggling offensively. To me thats why Saturday is so important from an offensive standpoint, this team needs to show the ability to not only throw the ball more then 5 feet down field but to put points on the board where the D didnt give them the ball deep in the opposing teams territory. Getting this offense some confidence going into the two cupcakes could allow us to keep moving the offense forward versus Wagner and Tulane versus having to consider changes or still trying to get it started.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CuseGuy44

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom