Talk about truth in advertising... | Syracusefan.com

Talk about truth in advertising...

cto

Administrator
Espn.com says the IU/UNC game is available on espn3. I prefer to watch games on espn3 (rather than on TV) ... so I go to espn3... and there is some gobbledygook... about subject to blackout in some areas, and I can't seem to get it. So I go to their blackout map.....

According to their blackout map... the game is available on espn3 .... in only Alaska and Hawaii. http://espn.go.com/watchespn/blackout?id=640184 In other words, it is blacked out in the ENTIRE contiguous USA.

Hey, they finally throw us a bone up here! I got to watch a little bit of the game at work.

Espn.com says the IU/UNC game is available on espn3. I prefer to watch games on espn3 (rather than on TV) ... so I go to espn3... and there is some gobbledygook... about subject to blackout in some areas, and I can't seem to get it. So I go to their blackout map.....

According to their blackout map... the game is available on espn3 .... in only Alaska and Hawaii. http://espn.go.com/watchespn/blackout?id=640184 In other words, it is blacked out in the ENTIRE contiguous USA.

If its on ESPN, ESPN2, or ESPNU, u need to watch it on watchESPN, which means you need to subscribe to a service that offers that. It's different from espn3

Yeah pretty much your internet service provider must be one of the ones listed in their dropdown to login. Comcast in CT does so I get to watch all ESPN games online and don't even subscribe to ESPN on cable. My cable TV package only gets some basic channels since I do everything online anyway.

If its on ESPN, ESPN2, or ESPNU, u need to watch it on watchESPN, which means you need to subscribe to a service that offers that. It's different from espn3
I have it on my TV, but I have shitty distance vision. It is much easier for me to watch it on computer. My point is ... they LIED to me.. telling me it was available on espn3.

I have it on my TV, but I have shitty distance vision. It is much easier for me to watch it on computer. My point is ... they LIED to me.. telling me it was available on espn3.
Thats when you go to firstrowsports.eu and watch it there.

I understand, and as a Directv subscriber I feel the pain. ESPN3.com has been rebranded to include (with rare exceptions) only exclusive internet content and other event that can be found on the packages like FullCourt and GamePass. The stuff on regular cable is only available through the app, which requires an internet subscription. It's only a matter of time before they start charging for this crap.

...but, but...Indiana clobbered UNC and Michigan beat NCState...hey 'Cuse you ready to run rough shod over the ACC?!!!

It was on the internet here in the UAE, Joyce. You're welcome to stop by anytime and watch.:cool: Of course the two grand for the flight and the fact that the game came on at 6:30 a.m. might a deterrent to you dropping by! But, know you are welcome. Always. I recently bought a 36" Toshiba flat screen TV that acts as my computer monitor. Great for viewing, especially for us 1963ers with old eyeballs.

I understand, and as a Directv subscriber I feel the pain. ESPN3.com has been rebranded to include (with rare exceptions) only exclusive internet content and other event that can be found on the packages like FullCourt and GamePass. The stuff on regular cable is only available through the app, which requires an internet subscription. It's only a matter of time before they start charging for this crap.

I agree that's the plan, but it's probably a bad business strategy. Once you start giving people stuff for free, it's really hard to get them to start paying for it - just ask Netflix. ESPN likely won't generate anywhere close to the revenues they project once they go to a pay system, unless they've already factored in a large drop off from the current viewership.

While one of the banners at the top of this page advertises "cheap jerseys."

Those would be counterfeit or fake jerseys.