Tanard Jackson | Syracusefan.com

Tanard Jackson

sad to see.. 2nd since 2012 4th overall he is the steve howe of football..

Sad - this was his last chance. He'll never see the field again. Hope he gets the help he needs.

Yep, sadly I'm afraid Tanard is done in the NFL. Addiction is a brutal thing to fight. We have a situation in my family with my cousin. You think someone is on the right path and then another relapse...

Yep, sadly I'm afraid Tanard is done in the NFL. Addiction is a brutal thing to fight. We have a situation in my family with my cousin. You think someone is on the right path and then another relapse...

Was it recreational drugs or PED's? Can one be addicted to PED's? Serious questions.

Was it recreational drugs or PED's? Can one be addicted to PED's? Serious questions.
I have no idea what he failed for and I'm no expert on steroids but I do know that if you take PED's long enough it messes up your body enough to where you have to take other banned NON-PED drugs so you don't grow breasts, have your body produce enough testosterone, and prevent your nuts from shrinking up. So even if he is off PED's he might need to take another non PED substance that are banned by the league just to live a normal life which could cause a positive test and a failure. Not saying that's what happened here, just saying that is what happens alot with these steroid guys. Even if they are off the roids they will still fail tests for the stuff they have to take just to keep their bodies in check

Hope all goes well and your cousin fights the good fight.

Hope all goes well and your cousin fights the good fight.

Thanks. Much appreciated . It's been a real eye-opening experiencing for our family. Like Tanard, my cousin has a lot going for him - college degree, bilingual - if he can get a handle on this issue. His third relapse was last Sept. but he seems to be staying strong since. One day at a time as they say...

I have no idea what he failed for and I'm no expert on steroids but I do know that if you take PED's long enough it messes up your body enough to where you have to take other banned NON-PED drugs so you don't grow breasts, have your body produce enough testosterone, and prevent your nuts from shrinking up. So even if he is off PED's he might need to take another non PED substance that are banned by the league just to live a normal life which could cause a positive test and a failure. Not saying that's what happened here, just saying that is what happens alot with these steroid guys. Even if they are off the roids they will still fail tests for the stuff they have to take just to keep their bodies in check

He is smoking bongs... that's what he failed for.