Taurean Thompson | Syracusefan.com

Taurean Thompson

B

Brooky03

A big man capable of scoring at the rim, midrange, and potentially behind the arc, with the ability to create his own offense.

Just imagine if we still had him. He was allergic to defense, but who cares.

Did we ever find out who on the team he must've hated?

A big man capable of scoring at the rim, midrange, and potentially behind the arc, with the ability to create his own offense.

It wasn't that. It was his mom.

His Mother

I'll never understand a parent dictating where a college kid goes to school. That's just crazy to me. Damn mama's boys

With all due respect, we don't know that to be the case so let's be careful here. These are real people.

That all said, I think TT was just a crazy . Remember that video of him in high school where he made a good play and as a teammate approached him, he looked like he wanted to destroy him? We're fine now that we're getting out of those fkn ncaa sanctions. Source told me that we will be okay. I trust that source, so should you.

wouldnt matter. He's not a guard and thus would rely on howard and black hole battle to get him the ball. not going to happen

With all due respect, we don't know that to be the case so let's be careful here. These are real people.

That all said, I think TT was just a crazy . Remember that video of him in high school where he made a good play and as a teammate approached him, he looked like he wanted to destroy him? We're fine now that we're getting out of those fkn ncaa sanctions. Source told me that we will be okay. I trust that source, so should you.

That's a good point. I should calm down a bit. It's just frustrating to think of what could have been.

ftr, I love (love!) the team's chances next season. Even if Battle goes, we should be in great shape... as long as nobody surprise tranfers.

wouldnt matter. He's not a guard and thus would rely on howard and black hole battle to get him the ball. not going to happen

You think they don't pass because they don't want to? I think they don't pass because there's nobody to pass to. OB is the 3rd scoring option on the team. He's a quantifiably bad 3 point shooter and he is almost worse inside the arc. That's gotta be close to unheard of. And the offensive abilities of the remaining bigs drop off a cliff after him.

I think TT would be 2nd on the team in FG attempts if he stayed. And I think Frank would miraculously look like a capable PG, with a considerably improved A/TO ratio.

That's a good point. I should calm down a bit. It's just frustrating to think of what could have been.

ftr, I love (love!) the team's chances next season. Even if Battle goes, we should be in great shape... as long as nobody surprise tranfers.

Yeah, I definitely hear ya. It's just not much for me to think about giving up on our current team when they're still in good position to get in the tourney. I really still believe. Maybe it's because i'm drunk. Or maybe high. Or maybe hopeful. Not sure, cuse -

You think they don't pass because they don't want to? I think they don't pass because there's nobody to pass to. OB is the 3rd scoring option on the team. He's a quantifiably bad 3 point shooter and he is almost worse inside the arc. That's gotta be close to unheard of. And the offensive abilities of the remaining bigs drop off a cliff after him.

I think TT would be 2nd on the team in FG attempts if he stayed. And I think Frank would miraculously look like a capable PG, with a considerably improved A/TO ratio.

here we go again with the "don't pass" because the other players aren't good enough. people just don't get it.

half of howard's turnovers are him dribbling the ball off his foot for no reason. not sure how TT would prevent this

here we go again with the "don't pass" because the other players aren't good enough. people just don't get it.

half of howard's turnovers are him dribbling the ball off his foot for no reason. not sure how TT would prevent this

TT wouldn't prevent him dribbling the ball off his foot directly but the ball would be in Frank's hands less. That would mean less turnovers, no? TT would be an automatic additional 4 or 5 assists per game, too (not all necessarily from Frank), wouldn't he? Add two assists, take away a turnover, and take away let's say 3 FG attempts and 1 made FG from Frank's per game averages. How's he look then? I think those are all reasonable assumptions to make for a PG working with a PF who has the offensive game TT had and was developing.

It isn't difficult to see where TT would have fit into this team -- he would be starting at the 4 ahead of Moyer, and providing a much needed scoring option [to say nothing of outside shooting that we lack]. Given that he was seemingly allergic to defense, he would have been a weak link on that end.

But while that seemed like a big problem earlier in the year, I think the influx of scoring would offset that. Earlier in the year, I didn't think his departure would matter much, but I think we could have used his scoring pop.

It isn't difficult to see where TT would have fit into this team -- he would be starting at the 4 ahead of Moyer, and providing a much needed scoring option [to say nothing of outside shooting that we lack]. Given that he was seemingly allergic to defense, he would have been a weak link on that end.

But while that seemed like a big problem earlier in the year, I think the influx of scoring would offset that. Earlier in the year, I didn't think his departure would matter much, but I think we could have used his scoring pop.

Agreed. We're playing 2.5 on 5 right now on offense, and I'm being generous. I think TT would've put us darn near 4 on 5 on O, factoring in the freedom for guys like OB because teams would focus on TT. We'd give up 10 more points or so on D but the offense gained would outweigh the defense lost.

Why discuss the possibility of something that never could be proven?
Taurean may have been a star forward or he could have been a load and/or a pariah?

Something that no one can ever substantiate.
The player was not a person who made up his own mind.
He defer that part to his mother.

MODS, PLEASE FOR THE LOVE OF GOD, BAN THE WORDS TAUREAN THOMPSON PERMANENTLY!!!

Seriously, can you all just stop?
lol If only there was a way that you didn't have to post on a thread about Taurean Thompson. Let's get a sub comm together to see if we can devise a scheme.

lol If only there was a way that you didn't have to post on a thread about Taurean Thompson. Let's get a sub comm together to see if we can devise a scheme.

I'm willing to post in this thread if we can make the subject go away for good. I'll be glad to go back and delete both posts after the decision has been finalized.

I'm serious. 1st time mentioned - warning. 2nd - one day time out. 3rd - you get the week off.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SYRtoBOS

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom