TCU hasn’t been in the NCAAt in 20 years | Syracusefan.com

TCU hasn’t been in the NCAAt in 20 years

OrlandoCuse

Living Legend
Horned Frogs are obviously a football school. Last time they were in the NCAAt was 1998.

Prior to that they were last in the tourney in 1987, which was the last time they won a game.

That’s a pretty long drought. Think about that, the last time they won’t a game in the tourney was the same day we beat Georgia Southern in the first round of the tourney on our way to JB’s first Final Four.

Last edited:
Horned Frogs are obviously a football school. Last time they were in the NCAAt was 1998.

Prior to that they were last in the tourney in 1987, which was the last time they won a game.

That’s a pretty long draught. Think about that, the last time they won’t a game in the tourney was the same day we beat Georgia Southern in the first round of the tourney on our way to JB’s first Final Four.

That’s an incredible stat. So JB’s been to THREE final fours between their most recent NCAA appearance and now.

That’s an incredible stat. So JB’s been to THREE final fours between their most recent NCAA appearance and now.
4 final fours 1996, 2003, 2013, 2016

Isn't that also like the last that America's All Time best regular season coach won an NCAA tournament game.

Do people honestly think we can beat a team led by Jamie Dixon after that pretty darn awful offensive game last night? I was hopeful before but I’m not now.

4 final fours 1996, 2003, 2013, 2016

I was careful to say their most recent “appearance” which was 1998. So that makes three final fours.

If I’d said sinc their last tournament “win”, then yes, it would have been four.

That’s a pretty long draught. Think about that, the last time they won’t a game in the tourney was the same day we beat Georgia Southern in the first round of the tourney on our way to JB’s first Final Four.
To be fair, I'm not entirely sure if they had a program that entire time.

(I'm joking ... kind of)

Do people honestly think we can beat a team led by Jamie Dixon after that pretty darn awful offensive game last night? I was hopeful before but I’m not now.

honestly I haven't watched a minute of TCU this year. Has Dixon recruited the same type of "gritty" players to shove, clutch, grab, and set illegal screens?

Didn't most of the Dixon led Pitt teams crap out in the first round?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SYRtoBOS

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom