TCU Shooting | Syracusefan.com

TCU Shooting

Entropic

All Conference
TCU Horned Frogs 2017-18 Statistics - Team and Player Stats - Men's College Basketball - ESPN

Not sure if this has been mentioned anywhere else but...

Based on my amateur knowledge this is a bad match up for Syracuse because the apparent outside shooting ability of TCU.

Three guys over 100+ 3P attempts and they are all over 40%
Four guys with 60+ 3P attempts and they are all around mid 35% or better

Then they have a couple guys that look like pretty good offensive rebounders.

They are a very good offensive team with great balance that shares the ball well and shoots for a high percentage inside and outside. We'll see if they can solve SU's zone and effectively shut downs SU's offense. I'm guessing they will do neither.

Jaylen Fisher is out for the year - he's their PG and a very good player. 12ppg, 5apg, 50% from the field, 84% from the line and 44% from 3.

I dont want to say this but they resemble, almost, one of those old very very very good mid 2000s Nova teams that used to consistently beat us.

Even though we’re about to play them, I clicked on this completely convinced there had been a shooting at TCU.
Me too. Trump has already said it was a terrorist attack by teenager drug cartel inspired hadji illegal. Mexicans that watched too many video games. He’s calling for the players to be able to carry during the games.

Jaylen Fisher is out for the year - he's their PG and a very good player. 12ppg, 5apg, 50% from the field, 84% from the line and 44% from 3.

I know you’re going to think I’m crazy, but this team has historically played better when Fisher goes down. We went on our NIT run last year after he went down and have played better as a team this year without him. It’s one of those weird dynamics. Fisher is the better individual player but Robinson runs our offense more efficiently. Having said that, Fisher is a better spot up shooter. So it’d be nice to have him going against your zone. But where Robinson really excels is drawing everyone in so he can kick it out to someone on the perimeter.

We haven’t seen much zone this year, but when we have, people didn’t stay in it long because we would knock down shots. But we also haven’t played a team that executes the zone as well as you guys or has the length you guys do. We’ll see how it goes.

Nice to see a Frogs fan chime in. I have not seen your team play this year so am really not qualified to confirm your scouting report. Sounds like we may have the advantage in the paint and you may have it outside.

There have been games this year where we have not got out on the shooters and that has hurt us. Jimmy usually makes good adjustments as the game goes on so your approach may need to change as well.

Good luck. Well, not really :)

I am having a hard time finding where we will have an advantage. They can shoot it and they have a big who can score. They don't defend but that may be a pace issue and quite frankly you don't have to be the 85 Bears on D to shut down our O. Also the Bonnies lack of pep last night has me concerned about our bounce back. That said - I posted earlier that we will play much better and I stick by that, but this is going to be tough.

Even though we’re about to play them, I clicked on this completely convinced there had been a shooting at TCU.

Sadly, so did I.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SYRtoBOS

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom