TCU v Michigan | Syracusefan.com

TCU v Michigan

All4SU

Duos Cultores Scientia Coronat et Go Aureum
Targeting or no? Does the point in the game influence the call?

Harbaugh clock management. Was it an issue?

There were about 5 things to replay on that play though i dont know they looked at anything but the targeting call..

But also pts out that players need to make tackles not just drill players as hard as they can all the time..

if they had called targeting I could have lived with it as close as it was just for the player being dumb.

How was that illegal? The ball never went forward prior to that and the play was behind the line of scrimmage.
That was my view too… though I only saw it live once.

I thought the Targeting was clear in live action which it rarely is. Yet another example of Replay being a waste of time (along with the overturned td earlier). Not that I feel bad for Michigan.

How was that illegal? The ball never went forward prior to that and the play was behind the line of scrimmage.
That's how I saw it also, but I would look to see another replay today just to make sure it's really what I saw.

I thought the Targeting was clear in live action which it rarely is. Yet another example of Replay being a waste of time (along with the overturned td earlier). Not that I feel bad for Michigan.
Personally, I don’t see how that wasn’t targeting. And I was rooting against Michigan.
Head down into the back of the helmet and neck of the helpless ball carrier. What am I missing. The cynic in me says the refs simply didn’t want to make that impactful call.

That should've been targeting. It was pretty much text book. He launched himself and made contact with the crown of the helmet. It felt like they had already determined they were ready for TCU to take their knee and run the clock out.

That should've been targeting. It was pretty much text book. He launched himself and made contact with the crown of the helmet. It felt like they had already determined they were ready for TCU to take their knee and run the clock out.

It looked like he hit with his shoulder and top half of his facemask to me.

Personally, I don’t see how that wasn’t targeting. And I was rooting against Michigan.
Head down into the back of the helmet and neck of the helpless ball carrier. What am I missing. The cynic in me says the refs simply didn’t want to make that impactful call.
Former SU receiver Rob Carpenter agrees with you.

E043D35E-2FC8-4E55-B635-444BBE4D68D0.jpeg

That seemed to be clearly targeting to me. Head down, hit with crown of helmet, etc. I don't see how that wasn't called compared to the many targeting calls that were made throughout the year that were the same.

The cynic in me says the refs simply didn’t want to make that impactful call.

I thought the exact same thing and my 13 year old asked what I meant and I had a hard time explaining to him what I meant by that. Why would they do that? Well good question, IDK….they felt the game was over and maybe because the kid would now also have to miss the first half of the championship game? …

….Michigan also got hosed on that TD pass overturn.

Felt bad for my Michigan friends I can’t imagine if that was our team.

Last edited:
Targeting but game was over either way 25 seconds from the 37 against a prevent. Refs missed a incomplete pass when Michigan was driving series before cost TCU a TD. It all evens out. Was good to see the BIG lose 2 games. Wish Utah had a chance instead of OSU

Targeting but game was over either way 25 seconds from the 37 against a prevent. Refs missed an incomplete pass when Michigan was driving series before cost TCU a TD. It all evens out. Was good to see the BIG lose 2 games. Wish Utah had a chance instead of OSU
One play.

This was probably the worst officiated game I have seen. The non-call on targeting was the cherry on top of a horrendous day. I hope this crew is not slated for any more meaningful games in the future.

I especially hate the fact that refs seemingly just tried to get the game over with on the targeting call. It doesn’t matter that there is a 1% chance Michigan punches it in.

I thought the exact same thing and my 13 year old asked what I meant and I had a hard time explaining to him what I meant by that. Why would they do that? Well good question, IDK….they felt the game was over and maybe because the kid would now also have to miss the first half of the championship game? …

….Michigan also got hosed on that TD pass overturn.

Felt bad for my Michigan friends I can’t imagine if that was our team.
Michigan did get screwed on the td overturn, but the fumble after? That’s all on them, same with the first possession.

It looked like he hit with his shoulder and top half of his facemask to me.
The replay showed pretty clearly it was helmet to helmet. Before they announced the result of the replay, everyone on the broadcast was speaking like it was a foregone conclusion.

The picture above fits into my thought. The player on the ground tackled and was pulling the runner towards the ground. The second player then hit the runner who wasn't in the same position as when the tackler started his move.

The picture above fits into my thought. The player on the ground tackled and was pulling the runner towards the ground. The second player then hit the runner who wasn't in the same position as when the tackler started his move.
But the second tackler didn't need to lower his head. Keep your head up and there's no helmet contact. Also, you can see in the replay that there's no attempt to actually tackle. His arms were crossed over his body as he was trying to lay a hit.

Michigan did get screwed on the td overturn, but the fumble after? That’s all on them, same with the first possession.

Of course the fumble is on them but their next play should’ve been kicking an extra point.

Of course the fumble is on them but their next play should’ve been kicking an extra point.
The next play should’ve been a QB sneak for a TD. It’s not like they had the play overturned and the ball was ruled incomplete, it’s definitely the wrong call, but refs make wrong calls all the time, it’s up to the coach to make a good decision, like not handing the ball to a converted linebacker

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CuseEagle8

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom