Team speed / athleticism / playmaking: how great is it to have two dangerous KRs? | Syracusefan.com

Team speed / athleticism / playmaking: how great is it to have two dangerous KRs?

RF2044

Living Legend
Seems like it's been so long since we've had quality STs--looks like we've turned the corner in that regard. Placekicking looks very solid. Punting--has potential. Coverage is better. And while PR is still subpar [IMO], I'm pleased to see that the kick return unit now features not one but TWO guys who are capable of making something happen.

Graham's transformation from a converted DB who couldn't even catch the ball to a guy who is contributing all over the field has been fun to watch.

And Kobena is no slouch, either.

Future looks bright on ST...and it is nice to finally have some top flight talent back there returning kicks.

My only concern with STs is KOs and KO coverage.

We rarely kick deep and don't tackle all that well.

You are right, though, we are longer and faster than we have been in a long long time.

Is Graham officially a senior? Not just academically, but also athletically? It's kind of a shame if he is, since he's just now starting to come on as a real weapon.

Is Graham officially a senior? Not just academically, but also athletically? It's kind of a shame if he is, since he's just now starting to come on as a real weapon.

He's got one more year. Under the "Additional Content" tab on the top of the board, go under Football Roster and it shows both academic and football eligibility.

That's outstanding. I could see Dorian developing into a Taj Smith-esque weapon for us.

EDIT: Also, after looking at that breakdown, Adam Harris has another year of eligibility? What are the odds he comes back for one more season? I've been pleasantly surprised by his production, and I love having a quality fullback. Tight ends and fullbacks are so underutilized.

I saw Graham drop ball after ball in the spring and to see how much he has improved goes to show you what happens when you work hard. As Gary Player once said, "The more I practice the luckier I get".

I loved Kobenas block on the TD return...he took the first guy out that was the closest to Grahm, great job by all of them.

I didn't realize Graham has another year- he's the breakout playmaker we have all been clamoring for. That's very exciting news.

Seems like it's been so long since we've had quality STs--looks like we've turned the corner in that regard. Placekicking looks very solid. Punting--has potential. Coverage is better. And while PR is still subpar [IMO], I'm pleased to see that the kick return unit now features not one but TWO guys who are capable of making something happen.

Graham's transformation from a converted DB who couldn't even catch the ball to a guy who is contributing all over the field has been fun to watch.

And Kobena is no slouch, either.

Future looks bright on ST...and it is nice to finally have some top flight talent back there returning kicks.

Agreed RF. I think we'll get at least one more return before the seasons over. I love having weapons on Specials!

2 words; Rob Moore.
There was a thread earlier this year that someone started because they thought Moore was the weak link on our coaching staff. It's so funny how short sighted some people are.

That's outstanding. I could see Dorian developing into a Taj Smith-esque weapon for us.

EDIT: Also, after looking at that breakdown, Adam Harris has another year of eligibility? What are the odds he comes back for one more season? I've been pleasantly surprised by his production, and I love having a quality fullback. Tight ends and fullbacks are so underutilized.

Harris seems like a smart enough kid to come back to get a year of free education.

There was a thread earlier this year that someone started because they thought Moore was the weak link on our coaching staff. It's so funny how short sighted some people are.
yes, I remember that thread. 2nd-guessing coaches is a favorite pastime of many of us; that's a huge part of what fuels dialog on sport-related message board sites. Having said that; perspective always structures content. Way too many of these threads get hijacked by posters with continuing beefs against one another; IMHO.