Teams I can most tolerate winning an NC | Syracusefan.com

Teams I can most tolerate winning an NC

Delmar

2019-20 Iggy Co-Winner Leading Frosh Scorer
1. UVa
2. UNC
3. UMD
4. Duke

This is also the order of who I think will win.

I’m rooting for Duke…but honestly I’d root for anyone to win before I ever pulled for Maryland. When it comes to lacrosse there is no more obnoxious Fanbase

1 Maryland
2 UNC
3 UVa
4 Duke

Hopkins certainly tops Maryland for the most obnoxious fan base.

Back when Syracuse was making the final four every year, you guys were pretty high up there.:p

I hate Duke with a perfect hatred. My hatred for Maryland is just a little less perfect. The shot clock was invented because of UMD. UVa has historically played the beautiful game and so they get the nod over UNC who have been fun to watch this year.
Did anyone else notice last weekend that when ESPN ran and reran and then reran again their spot on the highlights of the Tewaaraton finalists that half the goals were scored against SU?

I like the way Danowski, Breschi and Tiffany approach the game.

They’ve consistently applied a free flowing philosophy even when they might’ve lacked the horses (which is rare because of that approach).

Tillman is a goddamn disgrace for 2011. I hope he never wins another title for that steaming poo he took on the game.

I like the way Danowski, Breschi and Tiffany approach the game.

They’ve consistently applied a free flowing philosophy even when they might’ve lacked the horses (which is rare because of that approach).

Tillman is a goddamn disgrace for 2011. I hope he never wins another title for that steaming poo he took on the game.
What did Tillman do? I don’t remember the game at all.

What did Tillman do? I don’t remember the game at all.
Held the ball all day.

Blatantly not attacking, just sat on it forever.

Edit - they were given 12 stall warnings that day. They went 11/14 at the FO dot and scored 6 goals to win it in OT.

This was pre shot clock when defenses were left to the ref’s decision to make an offense “keep it in” the box.

At least Tierney’s Princeton teams eventually attacked after trying to lull the defense to sleep.

I don’t think there was a second half possession the refs didn’t make the Twerps “keep it in.”

Last edited:
Fair enough.
When the shot clock did come in, it was believed that MD would have the greatest difficulty with the transition because having to get off a shot on goal in 80 seconds was such a departure from how their offense had been operating since Tillman had become their coach.

When the shot clock did come in, it was believed that MD would have the greatest difficulty with the transition because having to get off a shot on goal in 80 seconds was such a departure from how their offense had been operating since Tillman had become their coach.
And yet today they were running and Duke couldn’t keep up.

Sounds like one of QK's beliefs.

I don't know that Maryland was playing that slow in the Rambo era. They were a deliberate team though.
I think Notre Dame tended to play slower than Maryland and there were several other deliberate teams around.

And yet today they were running and Duke couldn’t keep up.
Yup. How they've played since the shot clock came in has been a day and night difference when compared to before it came in. It's very hard to understand why Tillman slowed things down as much as he did. MD usually had an athletic team that could run with most everyone.

Yup. How they've played since the shot clock came in has been a day and night difference when compared to before it came in. It's very hard to understand why Tillman slowed things down as much as he did. MD usually had an athletic team that could run with most everyone.
No it isn't hard at all. Tillman played in a way to take advantage of his team's strengths. His success in doing that is obvious.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
McCuse

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom