Ted Gregory | Syracusefan.com

Ted Gregory

Cusester

Starter
I was wondering what had become of one of my favorite former players this morning so I Googled Ted Gregory and came across this old article. For those of you too young to remember him, he was the best player on a very good defense in 1987. Shocking and sad. I hope and pray that he has gotten his life together since this was written. The University should do something for him.

http://web.archive.org/web/20110415...-04-12/sports/18063018_1_nfl-sal-ciampi-sleep

I was wondering what had become of one of my favorite former players this morning so I Googled Ted Gregory and came across this old article. For those of you too young to remember him, he was the best player on a very good defense in 1987. Shocking and sad. I hope and pray that he has gotten his life together since this was written. The University should do something for him.

http://web.archive.org/web/20110415...-04-12/sports/18063018_1_nfl-sal-ciampi-sleep
That's an article I never saw before. Gregory was a GREAT player. As Mac says, he really dominated a game. His knee injury his senior year was a damn shame. I saw him once in a hotel elevator when I went to and SU/BC game in Boston after he had been cut from the NFL.

That's an article I never saw before. Gregory was a GREAT player. As Mac says, he really dominated a game. His knee injury his senior year was a damn shame. I saw him once in a hotel elevator when I went to and SU/BC game in Boston after he had been cut from the NFL.
As I remember it was a cheap shot by a Colgate player in a relatively meaningless game, that caused his knee injury. Very sad.

Very sad that Mac had him in a game that was like 52-0 at the time.
Yep - players should not 'convince' coaches they should still be in the game. I remember after he got hurt, he said that he had convinced the coaches to stay in the game. I said at the time players should not 'convince' coaches they should still be in the game. Probably..what...the aol board at that point? Or was it R i v a l s at that point? Whatever, I think the coaching staff have to shoulder some blame.

My googling skills are pretty good (not Orangeyes good, but good for the average person) and I couldn't track down any recent info on Ted Gregory.