Teddy Valentine ruined a good game | Syracusefan.com

Teddy Valentine ruined a good game

Orangeyes

R.I.P Dan
Thank goodness we don't see him anymore. The screen call, the 2 second late phantom foul on the three point attempt and how about the whole crew missing the foul at the rim of the MSU players attemtpted dunk where two UK players hammered the shooter.

Thank goodness we don't see him anymore. The screen call, the 2 second late phantom foul on the three point attempt and how about the whole crew missing the foul at the rim of the MSU players attemtpted dunk where two UK players hammered the shooter.

Have never seen a ref that wants to make himself the focal point of the game like Teddy V.

He has missed a lot of good games through the years. It looks like he hasnt missed many meals though.

Wasn't it Miss.St who got absolutely hosed at home against UK last year?

Agreed Dan.

UK dudes flaming on here makes this funnier somehow. I so want Syracuse to be the Big East team to take them out in the final as payback for 1996, but if they get calls like that against us I will probably not handle it very well.

I remember a SI picture of Wallace getting hacked that wasn't a foul now that I recall...

That was nauseating to watch. Not only were the calls incredibly one sided and frequently highly questionable at best, but they were so late they seemed to interrupt the next play that... Awful

Is their any ? why he was not retained in the Big East? or why Higgins and Burr were! :confused: I must be getting mellow with age but I believe Froggy was a better ref than those 3. :oops:

For as bad as Jim Burr is, I'd rather have him calling our game than Teddy V.

If that game had been a Tourney game, MSU would have been allowed to win. After all, they NCAA LOVES upsets in the dance. The SEC has the QB practice jersey on UK right now. they are not allowed to lose in conference. They need UK to win a championship.

Ted Valentine is a nuisance. He used to take over games in the Big 10. It is strange to me that he manages to stick around.

Have never seen a ref that wants to make himself the focal point of the game like Teddy V.

Completely agree.

Refs should be seen and not heard. Can't stand ones who think it is about them and make spectacles of themselves every game. Ted Valentine is one of the more flagrant offenders in that regard.

Miss St did get hosed no doubt on several occassions and Moultrie had the right to be upset on that one dunk call.

But the slew foot he tried in response should have been an ejection.