Teflon Cuse... | Syracusefan.com

Teflon Cuse...

newmexicuse

All Conference
As I am sure with everybody else on this forum I have read quite a few of the Pitino articles in the news. So far, none that I have read have mentioned his asst coaching gig at the Cuse. Hard to believe the press is cutting us a break, so it must be an ignorance is bliss situation.

As I am sure with everybody else on this forum I have read quite a few of the Pitino articles in the news. So far, none that I have read have mentioned his asst coaching gig at the Cuse. Hard to believe the press is cutting us a break, so it must be an ignorance is bliss situation.

Pitino left Syracuse 175,000 years ago. He may - may - have established himself since then.

Pitino left Syracuse 175,000 years ago. He may - may - have established himself since then.
Some of the articles I read have talked about his career starting as a grad asst at U of Hawaii, which actually preceded his Cuse gig.

Of course, even back then there were sanctions against U of H, which included Pitino being implicated on some of the counts.

Begs the question, why on earth would you have to cheat to get a kid to attend U of Hawaii ????

Last edited:
He was a coach for over twice as long at Boston University after SU and that was 40 years ago.

Some of the articles I read have talked about his career starting as a grad asst at U of Hawaii, which actually preceded his Cuse gig.

Of course, even back then there were sanctions against U of H, which included Pitino being implicated on some of the counts.

Begs the question, why on earth would you have to cheat to get a kid to attend U of Hawaii ????
I thought i just read that he was directly implicated for 8 violations and the NCAA wanted to ban him then.

1976 Hawaii (interim HC)

I believe it may be the only place in CBB that he didn't cheat...

Why on Earth would you have to cheat to get a kid to attend Arizona, USC or Miami?

Why on Earth would you have to cheat to get a kid to attend Arizona, USC or Miami?
USC and Miami have never been a perennial upper dog in CBB, so enticement may have helped with recruiting bigger fish. AZ has had a good program for quite some time, so easier to recruit there yes.

Like JB says, basketball is played indoors. (It's also king in many of the colder climates)

If players only cared about weather than Miami and Usc would be winning national titles, instead of being bottom feeders most of the time.

Try to find Miami and USC in the top 100 D1 school for basketball attendance.
http://fs.ncaa.org/Docs/stats/m_basketball_RB/Reports/attend/2017.pdf

People there just don't care about college basketball.

Read the LA article about USC lamenting it's horrible attendance just this past season.

USC is winning basketball games, but isn't really winning over the fans

USC and Miami have never been a perennial upper dog in CBB, so enticement may have helped with recruiting bigger fish. AZ has had a good program for quite some time, so easier to recruit there yes.

Folks, I was merely responding to the same question about Hawaii.