Temple to seek approvals for multipurpose facility | Syracusefan.com

Temple to seek approvals for multipurpose facility

TEMPLE is going to have better facilities than Syracuse, TEMPLE!!!!

Looks like you picked the wrong horse.

But don’t worry, once they find out how much of Bill Cosby’s money is tied up in legal fees, they’ll probably ask if the Vet can be resurrected.
The horse I should have put some money on was the Jags superbowl futures when they were 300/1.

I love Temple as a school. My wife got her pharmacy degree from there. Their graduates make a real difference in Philly.

I love Temple as a school. My wife got her pharmacy degree from there. Their graduates make a real difference in Philly.

I love temple and i love Philly as a college market better than rutgers in Jersey (pseudo NYC) and Umass who is 100 miles from a beautiful city, big market...but never a college sports town. Good for Temple.

A fan of Temple as well. I have some colleagues who went there. Often you have the same teacher at Curtis teaching at Temple.

I love temple and i love Philly as a college market better than rutgers in Jersey (pseudo NYC) and Umass who is 100 miles from a beautiful city, big market...but never a college sports town. Good for Temple.
Good move for them. Looks like a bare bones/minimal expense type facility but it is perfect for them. The ACC has a problem with the gap from NYC to Charlottesville. Do not be shocked if someday Temple gets a call from the ACC. This positions them for serious consideration.

i thought i read several months ago i think the stadium was to be 35000. i wish upenn still played big league i would love to see them in the acc.

i thought i read several months ago i think the stadium was to be 35000. i wish upenn still played big league i would love to see them in the acc.
Yes, capacity is planned for 35K. Their lease for the Linc expired at the end of 2017, but they exercised 2 1 year options and will continue to play there in 2018-19. They expect the new stadium will be available in time for the 2020 season.

The ACC needs more markets and content for the network. I've read other places where the B1G has a plan to go to 20 teams.

Good move for them. Looks like a bare bones/minimal expense type facility but it is perfect for them. The ACC has a problem with the gap from NYC to Charlottesville. Do not be shocked if someday Temple gets a call from the ACC. This positions them for serious consideration.

I like the move too and in hindsight you know Delaney would love a college town, big market like philly instead of rutgers. Yes, the ACC will come calling, they are building it...and the ACC will come. Philly and temple is way more attractive than Umass and rutgers. Even a historic program like pitt playing in a pro stadium has never had the college vibe. Temple can at least be Pitt and more.

Hard to change the neighborhood where Temple is located. Had friends that went there. Got a kick out of their porch furniture being secured with massive chains.

I like the move too and in hindsight you know Delaney would love a college town, big market like philly instead of rutgers. Yes, the ACC will come calling, they are building it...and the ACC will come. Philly and temple is way more attractive than Umass and rutgers. Even a historic program like pitt playing in a pro stadium has never had the college vibe. Temple can at least be Pitt and more.
Not sure I would classify Philly a college town. They face the same challenge UB does; trying to compete with an NFL franchise that totally dominates the market. But thry also have to compete with MLB, NBA, NHL and MSL teams and a bunch of other colleges, including Penn State.

At least UB only has 2 major pro sports franchises to contend with.

Not sure I would classify Philly a college town. They face the same challenge UB does; trying to compete with an NFL franchise that totally dominates the market. But thry also have to compete with MLB, NBA, NHL and MSL teams and a bunch of other colleges, including Penn State.

At least UB only has 2 major pro sports franchises to contend with.

Good points. Yes, Philly is a college town fb wise but college hoops have always been right there with the big 5 in college hoops. Think temple can prosper fb wise.

The ACC needs more markets and content for the network. I've read other places where the B1G has a plan to go to 20 teams.
Markets dont matter. Fan demand matters, and people are tripping over themselves to not care about TU athletics (see AAC's current TV contract).

And adding content is only a good idea if the value of the content outweighs the fact that you have to cut an extra piece out of the pie to accommodate the new member.

Temple would cost the ACC money unless the athletic department takes off on its own first.

Markets dont matter. Fan demand matters, and people are tripping over themselves to not care about TU athletics (see AAC's current TV contract).

And adding content is only a good idea if the value of the content outweighs the fact that you have to cut an extra piece out of the pie to accommodate the new member.

Temple would cost the ACC money unless the athletic department takes off on its own first.
Don't worry about it. CousCuse just has tetrakaidecaphobia. He needs the ACC to go to 16 teams. UMass, Temple, UCLA, doesn't matter. :D

Don't worry about it. CousCuse just has tetrakaidecaphobia. He needs the ACC to go to 16 teams. UMass, Temple, UCLA, doesn't matter. :D
What I really think would be a good thing for Syracuse is to have more Northeastern teams in the ACC. So, yes UMASS and Temple would be good to that end.

I still remember the old stadium off of Cheltenham Road. Sat 30000.

I went to many games there as a kid growing up in West Oak Lane/Cheltenham. Supermarkets used to give away free tix. I believe the old Philadelphia Bulldogs won a championship playing there in the mid 60s.