Temple | Syracusefan.com

Temple

Shermthegeneral

Starter
I just heard that temple will be joining the Big East in 2012 for all sports, now that we're moving to the ACC I thought they would be a great fit for the ACC. It's a great get for the Big East, Villanova must be pissed!

I dont like the BE is getting bigger in Philly. We recruit well there. Between Temple and Nova, it might be tough to convince players to leave their hometown now. Didnt Rondae Jefferson say he was a fan of Temple even before this news broke? Then again, Im not sure how hard the staff is recruiting him...

Been discussed all day. Gotta love the BE.

Sent from my DROIDX

You are both joking right?

Temple's another desperation move for the BE. They couldn't meet requirements to stay in the Big East the first time, and aren't that good this year. None of the people we will be recruiting are going to choose Temple or Nova either. Those schools aren't close to our level.

I think the ACC should have jumped all over temple! Then they would have locked down every major city on the east coast

Except no one cares about temple and they don't fit the ACC in any cultural, athletic or academic way.

Sent from my ADR6400L using Tapatalk

Logical choice as a school that's played D1 football and basketball at a decent level in recent years and have a nice hoops tradition in general. And they're actually a northeastern school, imagine that. I don't recall why they weren't accepted for all sports (mid-90's?) but under the current circumstances the league can't afford not to add them now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SYRtoBOS

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom