Ten guys on the roster for next season. | Syracusefan.com

Ten guys on the roster for next season.

cliftonparksufan

Iggy Award Czar/Co 2020-21 Iggy Award Winner PPG
And hopefully Leffew makes number 11. Not sure how many quality transfers would come to fill out the roster or does Red take a flyer on high school kids like the one from Florida.

Would still prefer 5th year seniors, especially another shooter that can come off the bench and/or another 3/4 who can fill some minutes when needed.

I still think there are backup PG minutes available. Cuffe isn’t a true PG. you could argue it will be Westry but Red is taking a big risk if the only PGs on the roster are Lafeww/Westry. I also could see plenty of scenarios where the backup PG and Westry are on the court at the same time.

4/5 is spoken for between Lampkin, Donnie, Davis, and McLeod

The 3 will be some combination of Bell/Westry/Davis. We need Bells shooting so I still think he gets a lot of PT. Davis and Westry are going to play no matter what and they can both pickup those minutes behind Bell.

The 2 seems pretty locked in with JJ, Eli, Cuffe

And hopefully Leffew makes number 11. Not sure how many quality transfers would come to fill out the roster or does Red take a flyer on high school kids like the one from Florida.

Would still prefer 5th year seniors, especially another shooter that can come off the bench and/or another 3/4 who can fill some minutes when needed.
i want another PF and an actual PG

We always hear about freshmen playing, and then they don’t.
Did we forget about William Paterson?

i want another PF and an actual PG

I’m skeptical about PG at this point. Guard is a little crowded right now and I don’t think Leffew transferred for a bench role. I suppose you could mean adding a backup PG but I couldn’t even guess what that market looks like. Couldn’t be pretty.

PF is going to have a similar issue if Freeman is even close to his projection. I agree that some more depth there would be nice, though.

I still think there are backup PG minutes available. Cuffe isn’t a true PG. you could argue it will be Westry but Red is taking a big risk if the only PGs on the roster are Lafeww/Westry. I also could see plenty of scenarios where the backup PG and Westry are on the court at the same time.

4/5 is spoken for between Lampkin, Donnie, Davis, and McLeod

The 3 will be some combination of Bell/Westry/Davis. We need Bells shooting so I still think he gets a lot of PT. Davis and Westry are going to play no matter what and they can both pickup those minutes behind Bell.

The 2 seems pretty locked in with JJ, Eli, Cuffe
I would actually look at this the other way, to be honest. I'm not sure anyone on this roster has anything sewn up outside of Lampkin getting significant minutes at C and Donnie being a big part of what we do in some way, shape or form (and the latter is only true because Brown is gone ... otherwise we would certainly see Donnie but he wouldn't be guaranteed x number of minutes).

But like JJ -- solid year, think Red respects him, likely a key figure. But is he genuinely locked into anything if Westry is actually healthy and the type of difference-maker some people think he could be? I have no idea if that happens but if he is and Leffew comes in and plays really well, JJ could be fighting for minutes.

I like Cuffe's potential but, again, a healthy westry and leffew, should he end up here, make this difficult to predict.

Mcleod/Patterson? Not sure. Bell is a shooter but he could end up getting pushed by Davis and/or a healthy westry.

Westry? He's got to be healthy so who knows?

Bottom line for me is that this feels like a mishmash of a roster from the outside looking in. There is potential but also just a massive amount of unknowns ... and that may be a bit generous.

I’m skeptical about PG at this point. Guard is a little crowded right now and I don’t think Leffew transferred for a bench role. I suppose you could mean adding a backup PG but I couldn’t even guess what that market looks like. Couldn’t be pretty.

PF is going to have a similar issue if Freeman is even close to his projection. I agree that some more depth there would be nice, though.
leffew is visiting xavier and loved villanova...doubt he even comes to syracuse at this point

why in the world the coaches want 4 shooting guards and zero point guards on their roster is ridiculous

can just see next portal season now: we are focusing on getting a PG

well, anyway, this all seems set up to have a big freshman classs next year anyway...idk...

if next years team struggles bc they dont have a PG i will personally find it difficult to keep the faith in red

I think we'll got a portal guard, hopefully Leffew, and add a mystery player at some point. Maybe a shooter. But it's gonna be a stealth thing like how all of a sudden Cuffe announced he was coming.

leffew is visiting xavier and loved villanova...doubt he even comes to syracuse at this point

why in the world the coaches want 4 shooting guards and zero point guards on their roster is ridiculous

can just see next portal season now: we are focusing on getting a PG

well, anyway, this all seems set up to have a big freshman classs next year anyway...idk...

if next years team struggles bc they dont have a PG i will personally find it difficult to keep the faith in red

Haha, I’m so out of touch with all of this I thought Leffew already transferred here.

Just wake me up when we have a roster set.

At the current asking price for Leffew . I think we have better options at the PG spot for the kind of money

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vegasnick

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom