Tennessee - 10% Talent Fee Football Tickets | Syracusefan.com

Tennessee - 10% Talent Fee Football Tickets

BVille44

All Conference
SU Athletics should follow the lead of Tennessee to generate funds for revenue sharing. As a private university they need to be creative in generating funds for revenue sharing and it can’t be in the backs of the donors.

IMG_5236.jpeg

Last edited:
But with the House v NCAA case settlement in question there's no certainty there will be "revenue sharing" (i.e., paying players) starting next year. Once the Judge raised questions about approving a settlement that limited seemingly unlimited NIL there were initial indications that the NCAA & the universities were going to decline the settlement and would litigate the case. That would pull everything, including elimination of scholarship limits and imposing new roster sizes, off the table.

Hmm, isn't UT going to keep a large part of that fee for themselves, since that "fee" is revenue, which would be shared between the AD and the athletes?

This is going to go a long way toward ‘fans’ thinking they own the players.

And if they don’t perform up to a certain level, the players are going to be harassed because the fans aren’t getting their money’s worth.

School starting next year should just price in an extra $20 a ticket and earmark it for paying athletes

This kind of stuff in my opinion is where we get left behind. Tenn adds $10 a ticket to what a 90,000 seat stadium, for 7 games? We can't sell $99 seasons as it is. It's a cultural divide that can't be bridged.
Yup. Small private school with a stadium less than half the size of a large public school's stadium will be very difficult to even out.

However, if that money is only earmarked for football, maybe it will work in our favor for hoops. But eventually some fans will draw the line.

SU Athletics should follow the lead of Tennessee to generate funds for revenue sharing. As a private university they need to be creative in generating funds for revenue sharing and it can’t be in the backs of the donors.

View attachment 244963

People already complain about our ticket prices.

this is an incredibly bad idea

Athletic Departments are horrible. They spend spend spend so that they 'break even' or 'operate at a loss'

We can't possibly just pay the athletes!! We need the fans help!!!! Please pay no attention to AD, Assistant AD, Associate AD salaries, facility spending, or what those TV deals are bringing in. We couldn't possibly afford it!

Athletic Departments are horrible. They spend spend spend so that they 'break even' or 'operate at a loss'
It'll be interesting to see how Rutgirls will handle this... ;)

This kind of stuff in my opinion is where we get left behind. Tenn adds $10 a ticket to what a 90,000 seat stadium, for 7 games? We can't sell $99 seasons as it is. It's a cultural divide that can't be bridged.
I dont think this could be any bigger of an understatement. And you stated it plenty damn well and loud. Ppl would be wise to understand the canyon of complete and utter irrelevance we could potentially fall into in this changing landscape. I just dont see how we could ever keep up if this type of thing turns into a bigger monster than it already has. You said it. A CULTURAL DIVIDE THAT CANNOT BE BRIDGED. I for one am listening to your alarm bell.

True but at least it is the consumers of the product who are paying and can always not renew if they don’t like it as opposed to creating an “activity” fee for all students - which is what numerous institutions have done.
I'm not opposed to a user fee. But like I, and others have said, eventually the price will exceed the breakeven point for some fans. Similar to the seat license fee in the NFL.

People already complain about our ticket prices.
It’s Syracuse, NY, they complain about everything. ;):)

We lost every major employer (Carrier, GM, New Venture, etc) over the last 30 years and people are complaining about Micron bringing manufacturing jobs back to Syracuse.

Fans claimed they quit going to games in the dome because we had bench seats (like every other team in college sports) & no AC. The university listened to their complaints and installed chair backs & AC. It has done nothing to improve attendance. In typical Syracuse fashion the first comment I heard at the Ohio game was not how comfortable the seats were and that the dome looks like a NFL venue it was a complaint about the lack of leg room & no cup holders. You can’t make it up.

With the changing landscape of college sports SU can‘t rely on John Lally and the other donors to now donate money for revenue sharing with the players.

"Talent fee" lol. I mean, "Help us buy a team" is seedy for sure. But at least they're honest enough to give up the NIL ruse.

Pay the players with a surcharge? Where does that end? 1959 ain't coming out of that tunnel, no matter how much you play on peoples' emotions.

View attachment 244963
Tennessee is the first to do this? Congratulations for being the jagoff losers who went there first. Watch the neighbors line up at the idiot depot now that one member has "gone nuclear". Thanks a lot for making the neighborhood an even fouler cesspool. Good show. May bad things happen to your program, and to the people who chose this path.

I'm not opposed to a user fee. But like I, and others have said, eventually the price will exceed the breakeven point for some fans. Similar to the seat license fee in the NFL.
100% agree. My in-laws did not renew their Giants season tix when they moved to new stadium and i did not get my own because i thought the seat license prices were absurd.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tucker

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom