Tennessee done with 35 commits | Syracusefan.com

Tennessee done with 35 commits

Ought to be easy for Tennessee's competitors for recruits to point out to next year's recruits the impact of what Jones did on his recruits this year. I don't think the kids would care much about the fact that he has essentially admitted to cheating the system and openly and purposely signing more than the 25 kid limit (excepting back-dated January enrollees). I do think they would care about the possibility of some of those recruits being told they have to Gray Shirt -- meaning wait a year to attend college and wait a year to even get in the system before you can even think about playing football. I'll bet none of those recruits thought they'd be asked to delay college a year and sit around letting their skills and abilities get rusty. I also think they would care that many of this year's recruits won't see the field ever after being recruited over.

Crazy to see ESPN pimp Tenn and their oversigning all day on the signing special. Not one word about what oversigning does to kids.

I hope Malik Brown is happy the Vols recruited right over him.

Things actually turned out surprisingly well for us considering that we lost some of our best recruits from the last class after the coaching change.

Gus Edwards - clearly the best of the bunch, but probably obsolete in the McDonald offense. Would have been a great replacement for Jerome

Zach Allen - losing him probably allowed us to be able to land AJ and Alin this year, so that whole situation may have worked out for the best. McDonald gets a prime shot at QB's that fit his offense.

Devan Carter - feel for the kid, stuck at Rutgers bailing water out of that sinking ship. Don't really know if he would have even seen the field with the LB haul we had this year.

LaRay Smith - really not much of a loss with PTG returning and we just recruited a similar guy who is probably a better natural back in Erv Phillips

And then Malik - we're deep at DE, just landed a guy in Slayton that looks like a stud, and Malik is buried on the depth chart at Tennessee anyway.

All in all, to trade those 5 guys for our new coaching staff and the class they were able to put together this year, I'll take that trade any day of the week.

Ought to be easy for Tennessee's competitors for recruits to point out to next year's recruits the impact of what Jones did on his recruits this year. I don't think the kids would care much about the fact that he has essentially admitted to cheating the system and openly and purposely signing more than the 25 kid limit (excepting back-dated January enrollees). I do think they would care about the possibility of some of those recruits being told they have to Gray Shirt -- meaning wait a year to attend college and wait a year to even get in the system before you can even think about playing football. I'll bet none of those recruits thought they'd be asked to delay college a year and sit around letting their skills and abilities get rusty. I also think they would care that many of this year's recruits won't see the field ever after being recruited over.
Agree. This seems almost like a one-time opportunity, because once other teams start spreading the word about what they've done, recruiting for TN, I would think, gets a whole lot harder.

I feel for the kids that committed to them early, that's tough to effectively get recruited over in your own class.

I feel for the kids that committed to them early, that's tough to effectively get recruited over in your own class.

They could have bailed, they just signed today.

Who in the world cares about Malik brown now, if he's buried at Tenn., he would have buried here at Syracuse. If they need to recruit 8 D-Lineman then their line sucks mooseballs

Loophole or no, the NCAA should come out strongly about recruiting outside of the spirit of the rules. And let anyone transfer from Tennessee with no consequence.