terrible body language in 2nd half | Syracusefan.com

terrible body language in 2nd half

CorduroyG

Hall of Fame
every time nd scored we'd hang our heads. every time. what is up with that?

i thought lack of depth would catch up to us in feb/mar. i was off by a month, thats my only explanation for this sluggish sloppy play.

This group doesn't believe they can win, not a tough team at all.

As an 18-22 year old kid who's played basketball your whole life, the first you practice is scoring. When you're on a team that consistently puts up 60 points per game or less, it becomes more increasingly frustrating. Watch Oklahoma or Duke tonight - when they give up a bucket they get the ball in quick and race down court because they know they can match it. With us, it feels like giving up a bucket is giving up 6pts because it seems like such a challenge to answer. I can almost guarantee that Frank, Battle, OB, HW, Moyer, etc. all scored at will in HS. It's demoralizing to get to the point now where it seems like scoring is such a monumental task. If this was a senior-laden team that was built on defense it'd be one thing - but we have 1 upper classmen who hasn't really played until this year and a bunch of kids who aren't used to these games. Bad mix.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SYRtoBOS

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom