Terrific Masters | Syracusefan.com

Terrific Masters

SWC75

Bored Historian
Two guys finsish at -10, four other guys were at -8. It enabled CBS to switch to shot after shot that mattered down the stretch. You didn't want to get up from your seat because you might miss somthing.

Phil was -14 on 70 holes and +6 on the other two.

I'd never seen a double eagle. It rolled the length of the green and just barely made it there, just liek you dream it. I wonder what Sarazen's looked like.

Had to feel good for Bubba. Nice to see a guy win a major like that and really appreciate the moment.

An incredibly genuine reaction from a great guy and great golfer. I was hoping Kuchar would make a run to get into the playoff.

Just a great tournament. Unreal shot by bubba.

bubba-watson-masters-mom-molly.jpg

3e74c2c7f8202f7a5491d2d7cd1644c9-getty-142598797.jpg

Bubba-Watson-sports-the-G-008.jpg

One of the things I like best about the Bubba Watson story is that he has never taken a lesson.

Masters 2012: Bubba Watson, with one shot, hooks his way into golf folklore

Click This

I wonder what Sarazen's looked like.
Gene Sarazen, in 1935, made perhaps golf’s most famous albatross when he holed a 4-wood from 235 yards at Augusta National’s 15th hole. It was a shot that played no small part in elevating the Masters to its status as an American sports icon. Sarazen’s double-eagle helped him earn a tie for first place. He won the next day in a 36-hole playoff with Craig Wood, and the albatross was heralded by journalists as “the shot heard ‘round the world.”
From
Watson Wins Masters in Playoff

Plaque_at_golf_course_-_Green_Lakes_State_Park.jpg

Did you know Gene was in the first foursome at Green Lakes with Emmett Kelly?

About that shot heard around the world

Gene Sarazen, in 1935, made perhaps golf’s most famous albatross when he holed a 4-wood from 235 yards at Augusta National’s 15th hole. It was a shot that played no small part in elevating the Masters to its status as an American sports icon. Sarazen’s double-eagle helped him earn a tie for first place. He won the next day in a 36-hole playoff with Craig Wood, and the albatross was heralded by journalists as “the shot heard ‘round the world.”

Why they call it an Albatross and what is a Condor: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Albatross_(golf)#Albatross

http://www.golftoday.co.uk/golf_a_z/articles/condor.html

Bubba and his boys are definitely some of the good guys in the game. US needs guys like this as most of the guys in the game that appeal to fans seem to be European

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom