TexanMark and the football teams relationship with Ft. Drum | Syracusefan.com

TexanMark and the football teams relationship with Ft. Drum

MG44

2nd String
Mark, I was just reading all the articles about the teams week at Ft Drum, and I think you got the ball rolling (7-8?) years ago. If I remember correctly it started with a small "military day" where SU gave tickets to Ft Drum families... I just wanted to say thanks because I think it's great for the school and the soldiers, and the whole thing is a great example that sometimes it only take a little initiative to make big things happen. So, great idea and thank you.

Mark, I was just reading all the articles about the teams week at Ft Drum, and I think you got the ball rolling (7-8?) years ago. If I remember correctly it started with a small "military day" where SU gave tickets to Ft Drum families... I just wanted to say thanks because I think it's great for the school and the soldiers, and the whole thing is a great example that sometimes it only take a little initiative to make big things happen. So, great idea and thank you.

Thanks but you are giving me too much credit...I suggested 10 years ago about getting more involved with Ft Drum before the 2002 season. Whether someone saw my posting and took it for action or came up with the idea without seeing my post...I don't know. I'm just glad they did. Cuse ended up sending a bunch of unused tickets up to Ft Drum for the Rhode Island game and the rest is history.

I'm happy it has really progressed to holding a part of summer camp at Ft Drum. I hope we can get some auto dealership (one that sells a huge amount of cars to returning soldiers from Combat) to subsidize tickets and bus transport to the Dome. Maybe even give every soldier/family member a $10 Carrier Dome Gift Card to use on concessions or merchandise.

I think it is a no-brainer to play Army yearly or at least 6 times or so out of a decade. With some some simple planning the Dome could set aside seats for 1-2k of the Corps of Cadets from West Point. When my son went there it was always an option a Cadet could ride a bus to nearby games...ones that could be done without an overnight stay. Syracuse would qualify.