Texas A&M -Syracuse South | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Texas A&M -Syracuse South

he was co OC and play caller at Baylor for 3 years

Yeah I’ve looked at his background. There’s that pesky Co word again. We don’t really know how deep his responsibilities, design, scheme, philosophies go. He’s never run his own. It’s the same knock as Brown and Eli.

I watched TAMU last night and that team was pretty well put together on both sides of the ball considering their losses and how spread thin Robinson was. Compare that with Nunzio and the Syracuse showing. And I really enjoyed watching Robinson coach last night.

I’ve said it 100 times and I’ll say it again, I’ll take these “inexperienced” coaches any day of the week and twice on Sunday given what I’ve seen they can do on the recruiting trail. Talent, speed and size will cover up a lot of deficiencies in play calling.

Yeah I’ve looked at his background. There’s that pesky Co word again. We don’t really know how deep his responsibilities, design, scheme, philosophies go. He’s never run his own. It’s the same knock as Brown and Eli.

I watched TAMU last night and that team was pretty well put together on both sides of the ball considering their losses and how spread thin Robinson was. Compare that with Nunzio and the Syracuse showing. And I really enjoyed watching Robinson coach last night.
Johnson has an extensive background, including some time as an OC with the 'Niners, UCLA, and FAU (co-oc). I'm guessing he will be the co-offensive coordinator here with Nixon. I expect that there will be an analyst(s) added with experience in game planning and coordination.

I think we will see a similar model on defense. I could be way off - but Brown might go with more of a collective expertise model as opposed to more traditional coordinator roles.

Several of these guys also have some experience as interim HCs.

People need to expect that there will be a learning curve regardless of the model.

I’ve said it 100 times and I’ll say it again, I’ll take these “inexperienced” coaches any day of the week and twice on Sunday given what I’ve seen they can do on the recruiting trail. Talent, speed and size will cover up a lot of deficiencies in play calling.
Yup. Also we’re not exactly coming from a place of stellar in game coaching. Average is fine with improved talent. Talent and depth have been our issues for decades.

Im not worried about "inexperienced" coaches at all. Did you guys watch the decisions Dino made game after game?!?! His coaching decisions were constantly atrocious. If you know football, you know football. They'll figure it out
It's not just about the game, though that's important. It's also about player development. Say what you want about Dino, but Tony White and Rocky Long were very good DC's.

I am not going to lie. I know he's a great recruiter, but I'm worried about having a 1st-time DC coaching under a 1st year HC, who has never been a DC.
I'm a little worried about that too, but this doesn't feel like Robinson rolling out Brian Pariani. Though if we see McCord hopping backwards in the pistol, I'll destroy my TV>