Texas and uber coach Shaka Smart | Syracusefan.com

Texas and uber coach Shaka Smart

pearl31

in cahoots
**not trying to justify our own pathetic play**

Much of the criticism before but especially after today is that JB is old/out of touch/doesn't have it anymore. We need one of the hot young coaches here, because one of them (apparently, the argument goes) would not have lost any of these games.
Well, Shaka is as "hot-young" as they come and his Texas team (with comparable talent as ours) is off to a worse start than us (5-5) with arguably worse losses (hammered by Northwestern, Colorado, Texas Arlington - lost again today at home to Arkansas)...
so, I guess, um... it could be worse?

(hey, gotta look for something, anything right now!)

Funny thing is, of all the coaches I would pick to take over for JB... for me the pick would be Shaka Smart.
welp something is certainly amiss this year - again, underperforming worse than we are

Dig a little deeper and you will see that a) they out performed expectations in year one by making the tourney and having a solid regular season and b) he returned literally like 3 kids and had to recruit 7. So he actually can use youth new players as an excuse.

I'd take Shaka any day of the week as our next head coach and twice on Sundays.

Dig a little deeper and you will see that a) they out performed expectations in year one by making the tourney and having a solid regular season and b) he returned literally like 3 kids and had to recruit 7. So he actually can use youth new players as an excuse.

I'd take Shaka any day of the week as our next head coach and twice on Sundays.
and we litterally returned like 3 kids... so you'd say they've played close to their pre-season top 20 ranking?

Ditto.

That style of play would be a lot of fun to watch with the athletes he could recruit at SU.
He doesn't do havoc any more for the record... he's more like a Huggins in your face man to man d type of coach. I'd prefer someone like Belein with a fun offensive system.

and we litterally returned like 3 kids... so you'd say they've played close to their pre-season top 20 ranking?
Returning 3 is a valid excuse for a 2nd year coach not so much for a 40 year coach. Preseason rankings are meaningless anyways... both programs are going to have a rough year but if I was doing futures bets I'd take Shaka and UT over Syracuse. He will have them in the top 10 in the next few years.

Returning 3 is a valid excuse for a 2nd year coach not so much for a 40 year coach. Preseason rankings are meaningless anyways... both programs are going to have a rough year but if I was doing futures bets I'd take Shaka and UT over Syracuse. He will have them in the top 10 in the next few years.
that's not what this thread is (supposed to be) about, though. Not talking about futures. How could such a fab young firey coach have a talented team bombing like this through 10 games? Look at the games they've lost and the scores

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SYRtoBOS

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom