Texas Football happy Zach won't be playing for those Yankees | Syracusefan.com

Texas Football happy Zach won't be playing for those Yankees

I think the real stroy is that they have fan forums for high school football. Texas is a whole different animal.

Ah - no different then how we killed EO for going south to Clemson.

It does kind of pull back the curtain on what the pressure to stay at home looks like. Also - I'd say the parents were pretty uncomfortable with him going that far away...

Ah - no different then how we killed EO for going south to Clemson.

It does kind of pull back the curtain on what the pressure to stay at home looks like. Also - I'd say the parents were pretty uncomfortable with him going that far away...
I don't care that EO chose to play in the South, but they really do still fly the confederate flag in South Carolina (not officially anymore though).

Also - I'd say the parents were pretty uncomfortable with him going that far away...

I said this yesterday. He was under a lot of pressure not to go far from home and the coaches became the built in excuse. Don't believe he would've made it hear even if Hackett stayed.

I said this yesterday. He was under a lot of pressure not to go far from home and the coaches became the built in excuse. Don't believe he would've made it hear even if Hackett stayed.
Yeah, it always seemed a little bit surrealistic from the get go. I wonder what will happen to his team mate who was also coming up as a preferred walk on?

I don't care that EO chose to play in the South, but they really do still fly the confederate flag in South Carolina (not officially anymore though).

I'm with you. I think culturally, it's going to be a shock for him. We're much much closer to NYC culturally than SC.

I think the real stroy is that they have fan forums for high school football. Texas is a whole different animal.

What a bunch of weirdos.

Now, if you don't mind me, I must tend to writing my 1,693rd post on this forum of amateur athlete discussion...

Clear heart clear mind can't lose.

I wonder how much pressure his parents had to deal with.

Favorite line from Two and Half Men:
Alan: When Texas was it's own country
Charlie: Wait, Texas used to be it's own country? and we changed that why?

Yeah, we all know how chilly the Dome came be to play in. Idiots.

Given he was "100% committed" even after Hacket was hired by the Bills...and then proceeded to commit to TCU, I am fine with the loss. It was a good show. He was a bit of a showman I think.

Given he was "100% committed" even after Hacket was hired by the Bills...and then proceeded to commit to TCU, I am fine with the loss. It was a good show. He was a bit of a showman I think.

I don't think that at all. EO seemed like that...

I don't think that at all. EO seemed like that...
Yeah...I could be 100% wrong... but all the "100% commitment" talk and rah rah about leading SU...even after Hackett was known to be leaving... I am not really being as critical as it may seem...he's just a kid. I think he really sold himself well and got a bunch of fans all worked about him.

I think that the realization of moving so far from home got to him. He said somewhere that Hackett was like a big brother to him. I guess he realized that he'd be on his own without what he thought was his security blanket. The coaching change would give him a good reason/excuse to stay closer to home and his family. After initially being upset, I'm ok with it now. If he never starts at TCU, I'll be fine with that as well ;-P

These exist for NYC football as well. Big bulletin board material when I played (days before twitter and FB)

I think the "stay close to home" angle many posters are taking is a bunch of crap. His early commitment to SU kept a whole lot of Texas teams from even giving him a sniff.

The excellent salesman whipping the fans into a frenzy angle is also a bunch of crap. He wasn't trying to bask in the glory of a fan feeding frenzy. If that were the case, he would not have committed to SU early. He would have kept his options open and tried to play one TX school against another to stroke his ego.

He was clearly not only prepared but gung ho about coming up to NY and we all ought to thank him for rallying the recruits for as long as he did. Say whatever you want now, but he was coming here. He was a couple of days from coming here on early enrollment when the HC and OC, the two people he had been talking to about his future at SU, left. The timing stunk for an early enrollee. If he was a normal May graduate, he could have waited to see how it shook out at SU. He couldn't. He had to make a decision with a lot of uncertainty at SU. If he waited, who knows what system he would have gotten stuck with. He couldn't afford to. With that situation in imind, he then looked at options as backups and found one only 2 hours away where he could be near his family. He made a decent choice given the circumstances. Its a shame, but there's nothing he could do about it.

With the OC and QB coach it looks like we've got signed on, I would think Woolard and/or O'Korn would be excited to come to SU and I would think either would be a great pickup.