Texas Tech comes clean on Realignment: Liked Louisville more than WVU | Syracusefan.com

Texas Tech comes clean on Realignment: Liked Louisville more than WVU

arbitragegls

All Conference
Here is a Texas Tech's Chancellor presenting his views on conference realignment that goes back to '07 through present. Really was not a big fan of WVU--he liked Louisville much more. But the look into the how and whys of realignment are interesting. By the way, there is going to be something coming out soon on the Notre Dame deal and how it went down...acutally, the ACC blew the Big 12 and B!G away...Swofford is nobodies fool!

http://lubbockonline.com/sports-red...tech-moves-behind-scenes-during-big-12-storm#

WVU was the clear first choice of only one Big 12 school but it was the one that counted.

Here is a Texas Tech's Chancellor presenting his views on conference realignment that goes back to '07 through present. Really was not a big fan of WVU--he liked Louisville much more. But the look into the how and whys of realignment are interesting. By the way, there is going to be something coming out soon on the Notre Dame deal and how it went down...acutally, the ACC blew the Big 12 and B!G away...Swofford is nobodies fool!

http://lubbockonline.com/sports-red...tech-moves-behind-scenes-during-big-12-storm#

Well, unless there is a clause in the contract that says ND has to join fully by a certain date (which I'm sure the ACC would not leak even if it did exist), I don't see how Swofford could have blown the BiG away. They weren't going to take ND as a partial member. ;)

Cheers,
Neil

Who needs the Texas Tech Chancellor's views when we have the Dude and Frank the Tank to tell us all the inside info?

Who needs the Texas Tech Chancellor's views when we have the Dude and Frank the Tank to tell us all the inside info?

Frank and the Dude have absolutely nothing in common aside from the fact that they have blogs on the internet.

Well, unless there is a clause in the contract that says ND has to join fully by a certain date (which I'm sure the ACC would not leak even if it did exist), I don't see how Swofford could have blown the BiG away. They weren't going to take ND as a partial member. ;)

Cheers,
Neil
probably no clause like that but the pump is being primed with the clause that requires so many games v. ACC teams. Who would have thought would give up their e.g game with B10's Michigan? The ACC is a good fit all the way around but the bottom like is that the bottom line will determine whether ND joins a league (for football) or not. I think if they do, the stage is set for it to be the ACC. The waters are being tested now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RDembowski

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom