THANK YOU SYRACUSEFAN.COM MODS AND ADMIN!!! | Syracusefan.com

THANK YOU SYRACUSEFAN.COM MODS AND ADMIN!!!

It's absolutely true. This board, in spite of all the complaining, carping, and saying it is nothing compared to the boards/posters of yore... is the main tether to the program for people who live in far off places. I tend to focus on the positive and I can say that reading this board is part of my daily schedule and I am extremely grateful for all that I get from it.
Besides having the feeling that you are able to stay close to what is going on with the program you get the benefit of all the historical and statistical analysis by posters like SWC75, all of the up to the moment rumors, developments with recruiting from Francis, tidbits of interesting info from CTO, and kept on point by our sentinel of all things Husky... Marsh, who has over 9000 posts! Not to mention Jake and the ever present dry humor of Millhouse, or Bees with over 12,000 posts! Orangeyes who even with hand pain takes the time to tirelessly post links pertinent to the team from sources all over the place. The snarky humor of Jekelish has often made me smile during a stressful day. And yes, even Otto and Blue Curtain have their moments!

There are too many to list. I just know that I'm grateful to have the forum as a place to come to discuss all things Cuse. I remember many years ago when you were lucky to catch 3 or 4 games on TV throughout the entire season and would have to scour newspapers to find any information on Syracuse basketball. So for all it's warts, this forum is the best we've got and it's a pretty damn good forum and board. A board is only as good as the people who post on it and we've got many, many special people who take the time to post here and ergo, that's why this place is so special.

It's absolutely true. This board, in spite of all the complaining, carping, and saying it is nothing compared to the boards/posters of yore... is the main tether to the program for people who live in far off places. I tend to focus on the positive and I can say that reading this board is part of my daily schedule and I am extremely grateful for all that I get from it.
Besides having the feeling that you are able to stay close to what is going on with the program you get the benefit of all the historical and statistical analysis by posters like SWC75, all of the up to the moment rumors, developments with recruiting from Francis, tidbits of interesting info from CTO, and kept on point by our sentinel of all things Husky... Marsh, who has over 9000 posts! Not to mention Jake and the ever present dry humor of Millhouse, or Bees with over 12,000 posts! Orangeyes who even with hand pain takes the time to tirelessly post links pertinent to the team from sources all over the place. The snarky humor of Jekelish has often made me smile during a stressful day. And yes, even Otto and Blue Curtain have their moments!

There are too many to list. I just know that I'm grateful to have the forum as a place to come to discuss all things Cuse. I remember many years ago when you were lucky to catch 3 or 4 games on TV throughout the entire season and would have to scour newspapers to find any information on Syracuse basketball. So for all it's warts, this forum is the best we've got and it's a pretty damn good forum and board. A board is only as good as the people who post on it and we've got many, many special people who take the time to post here and ergo, that's why this place is so special.
Great post!!

Totally agree! Great post. Is anyone from Seattle watching the final 4 somewhere. Looking for a place to go.

I agree, great post. This is a great week to be an Orange fan but it is made so much better by all who put in all their time and energy. Without a board like this we wouldn't have the forum to express our fanaticism the way we do. A toast to you all with the beverage of your choice!!

Agree. I have a Syracuse "family" here. And although I get a lot of alum and fans to come to game watch in Phoenix, I have loved this forum. I am so excited to meet many of you in Atlanta!!!

We are the true core of the Syracuse fan base.

Don't mean this to sound like a downer, it isn't, but I'm always amazed about how many people in the Syracuse area you see out and about wearing some SU peraphernalia once we hit the final four. I know that a lot of them jump on when the media starts beating the drum. It becomes a local happening.

My wife and two daughters pay little attention to the basketball team until we threaten to win it all and then they become rabid. During the regular season I couldn't pay them to watch a game on TV.

Wegman's begins to look like a Syracuse pep rally the week before a FF.

Love this board.

amen bro, great post. It's been so nice over the years to have others who share the SU passion and I've met so many cool folks through it and people I now consider good friends. Not many in my family are into it to the degree we are here so it's SO great to have this.

Like any other "family" it gets dysfunctional at times but like you said so well its almost part of the charm now. Great post.

and BRNERFECUSE! Mods, Admins, and BRNFVFECUSE!

I've been lurking for a long time now and I must say that this board is great. Seriously, there are so many posters with a great knowledge of both the game and Syracuse basketball. I've been reading on a daily basis and my fandom grows each day. Keep fighting the good fight.

!

I agree with everything above. Thank you, mods and admins. Now please stop banning me. ;)

Living in southwestern Oregon, the board helps me feel closer to my passion for the Orange
The classic "Man vs Zone" debates
IGOR stirring up trouble
The half full vs the half empty, I love it all
And thanks a ton Orange Eyes...all those links are amazing and appreciated

Tavern league two more and its ours !
OO44

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CuseVegas

Online statistics