Thank you Tyus! | Syracusefan.com

Thank you Tyus!

SoBeCuse

Living Legend
It took Tyus to go a la Kobe or like against UVA to beat Iona. What in god’s name was the offense exhibited out there? Holy smokes. What happens when other guards will get up in Frank’s grill?

Gotta say I was impressed with what Chukwu did. Big steps. Marek as well made a couple of huge plays. Brissett showed some nice touch on some mid-range jumpers. I’ll quit while I’m ahead. Onto the next one.

This team has no point guard... Frank and Tyus are both two guards trying to figure out how to play point. Thorpe looked like he would fit in great... on Iona.

This team is going to struggle to score consistently... they need to play D and run and run and run some more if they are going too win games in the ACC because I don't see any effective half court players. Basically we need to play like the NYC metro schools used to play like when they faced us... tough D , make it ugly and score enough points on broken plays and one one one.

Let Brissett settle in and Thorpe gain some dome confidence.

We have four guys, imo, who have the capability of averaging double digits.

Confidence. Need some more confidence/experience.

Let Brissett settle in and Thorpe gain some dome confidence.

We have four guys, imo, who have the capability of averaging double digits.

Confidence. Need some more confidence/experience.

That has three-guard lineup written all over it. Can't say I love that.

But if that's the only way to get our only four decent scorers on the floor, I see how Boeheim might prefer it. On the other hand, until Thorpe shows signs of being either a consistent scorer (he's missed a lot of layups in two games) or distributor (I'm not seeing it) I hope we roll with Moyer/Dolezaj and accelerate their development.

It took Tyus to go a la Kobe or like against UVA to beat Iona. What in god’s name was the offense exhibited out there? Holy smokes. What happens when other guards will get up in Frank’s grill?

Gotta say I was impressed with what Chukwu did. Big steps. Marek as well made a couple of huge plays. Brissett showed some nice touch on some mid-range jumpers. I’ll quit while I’m ahead. Onto the next one.

Agree on Tyus. My biggest issue with the offense was waiting too long to attack off the bounce. Also, this game was more about Iona doing their thing in hitting hard shots, being quick on D as a smaller team and taking advantage of a team that hasn't learned how to play together yet. I agree with all the other positives. I definitely saw progress out there even if it took Tyus taking over. Having a player like him is huge and gives us an advantage many teams won't have.

I don't think last year's team wins this game. Iona puts up 80 plus vs last year's team.

We do have a long ways to go however. Watching Kansas last night I look forward to see our D vs them as a true measuring stick.

Yeh, Tyus was awesome! Iona was using a modified match up, pressuring the ball handler to half court and then playing up on Tyus. I though it was smart offense for that situation. Have Frank defer and iso Tyus and it worked. He really impressed me. Obviously, Frank and the team will have to react better to pressure when we play better teams.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SYRtoBOS

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom