Thanks for NOT court-storming | Syracusefan.com

Thanks for NOT court-storming

zibby

Starter
UB fans just court-stormed to celebrate the team clinching second-place in the regular season. No, really. Oh Lord Oh Lord Oh Lord

I don't have any problem with court storming - ever... If it brings pleasure go for it. Besides, UB is a brand new D1 school.

They've been D1 since 1993 and they've made the MAC tournament championship game twice. Nothing short of winning the MAC tournament is worthy of a court-storming.

We simply feel differently about court storming then. My feelings are court storming is appropriate for any big win. I know a few years back someone said "act like you've been there before" or some such nonsense. I'm not sure you could consider it dangerous because it hasn't been banned outright, so why spoil the fun?

Court-storming is SO lame. SU used to have a real problem with that. I'm glad that's over.

They did it better than SHU did recently.

College sports is about fun. I remember storming the court when I was in school. Watching it now it seems silly more times than not, but they are college students enjoying the moment.

Who cares, let them have fun, before they know it they will be adults and arguing on the interweb over silly crap. ;)

What I have a problem with is when some people go to games and sit there and applaud lightly when their team makes a big play. Go nuts man! That's what cbb is all about.

Court Storming in basketball and field storming in football needs to be outlawed. Too many injuries and only bad has come of it in recent years. The Oklahoma St story from this past fall was really the straw that broke the camels back. People being air-lifted out of the stadium it is crazy.

The NCAA should crack down on schools who don't do enough or anything to prevent it. It can be easily stopped. Pass out some big six figure or seven figure fines to stop it.

Somehow the NFL and NBA can prevent fans from rushing the court, I am pretty sure the NCAA can as well.

I think it's vitally important that exuberant, excitable young people take the time to listen to anonymous cranks on internet forums and not do anything that could be fun, exciting, and a positive for school spirit. Stay in those stands kids! When that buzzer sounds, clap politely, and depart immediately- and single file- for the library for some quality study time.

I think it's vitally important that exuberant, excitable young people take the time to listen to anonymous cranks on internet forums and not do anything that could be fun, exciting, and a positive for school spirit. Stay in those stands kids! When that buzzer sounds, clap politely, and depart immediately- and single file- for the library for some quality study time.
I don't know how storming a field/court is positive for school spirit. Too much "bad" has come from this "storming" recently. "Stay in the stands" you say...damn right stay in the stands!

These are games. Whats the point of playing the games if after the game ends we need a few ambulances on scene, doctors on call immediately, and a possible chopper to air-lift injured fans to the local hospital. At some point you have to question why the hell you are holding the event to begin with!

Call me a "crank" if you want. But if its your son or daughter who gets stampeded after a "game" you will have your lawyer on the phone immediately ready to sue everyone and anyone involved.

Possibilities indeed. My kids might get poisoned candy from some whack job at Halloween. Better cancel that! My son actually broke his wrist playing soccer, and my daughter broke her arm playing tag. I want both activities immediately banned! I want a Medi-vac chopper in every town in case a game of freeze-tag breaks out.

EVERY WEEKEND, somewhere in this country, dozens of college kids are taken to hospital to have their stomachs pumped or for some other treatment related to alcohol abuse. I want every bar in America shut down and prohibition brought back, in case it happens to my kid.

At some point I have to question why people leave the womb to begin with.

Court-storming is SO lame. SU used to have a real problem with that. I'm glad that's over.
Amen.
We should act like a big time program that expects to win.
Save the court storming for HUGE games (and of course any win over G-town. Although we always
expect to beat them, every victory over evil is grounds to let loose)!

GO ORANGE!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vegasnick

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom