That 2nd half | Syracusefan.com

That 2nd half

Banned

Walk On
is what this team is capable of.

The half court offense was fun to watch. Running the O through CJ makes us look like a much better team, he was absolutely dicing nova up with a competent and efficient floor game. I have to be honest it was nice not having Southerland jack up a three with 28 seconds on the shot clock, to actually run a set on every posession is going to make us better come March.

Loved the energy from the frosh today. They heard what their coach said after the Providence game and came into todays game with the mentality that they were going to prove him wrong. Coleman making strong deliberate moves to the goal, playing tough well-positioned defense. Grant showing some back to the basket moves, displaying a knack of how to use subtle moves around the hoop to get space. Cooney playing giving energy on defense and actually squaring up on his shots. The other thing i loved about the rooks today was how happy their teammates were to see them have success.

The team had an edge to em in the second half that I would like to see carry through to the next game. Coleman tossing that guy to the ground, taking charges, going hard for loose balls. Want to see this team continue to get tougher and develop that... (and yes its a corny word but it fits) SWAG. This team has its flaws but there is no doubt in my mind that JB and the staff is going to have them fine tuned come march. The quality of our defense is underrated by many on the board and will give us a chance to win any game no matter how poor we play offensively.

Going forward if Coleman and Grant can continue to play as they did today they will add a dimension to the offense that we desperatley need: easy dueces by the bucket. Keita, Southie, and even CJ who makes his bacon on the mid range game cant get us easy 2's in the style that Coleman and Grant can.

Today was encourging. Feeling much much better about this teams chances come March. Let's keep it rolling boys!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CB277777

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom