That clinches a winning season | Syracusefan.com

That clinches a winning season

Jake said:
I think we get at least 2 more. Pitt at home and we get a game somewhere we weren't expecting.

Probably right. I think we give some the ACC elite some trouble down the stretch.

We will break the record next year and every year thereafter unless we get a two year ban which could cost us our recruiting class.

I think we get at least 2 more. Pitt at home and we get a game somewhere we weren't expecting.

I think we have a solid shot against NC State for sure.

Maybe Louisville. They're a candidate to shoot under 30% any game.

I was actually worried about that.
With 10 to go, I was looking at a 500. 2 in the last 10, and a lose in the first round of the ACC-T would have done it. Post season would be a toss up. With the ban, I knew 2 would give over 500 and getting the 1st was fine but the lose at Pitt made tonight imperative.

We will break the record next year and every year thereafter unless we get a two year ban which could cost us our recruiting class.
Can we break our own record or can we only extend it? :cool:

[Q"longtimefan, post: 1297861, member: 212"]UCLA has the record, but we're closing in on it.[/QUOTE]
My original post was congratulating JAB for 39 straight winning seasons but that part got lost when the mods combined my post into this thread. Isn't wasn't about the schools record. Just the coach.

Well if UVa shoots in the Dome like they did at PNC, we should be able to take them.

I think we split with Duke, beat at least one of Notre Dame/Louisville/State, and (though it's not wise to make predictions regarding that thug ball team) beat Pittsburgh.

Our team isn't that bad. Inconsistent, yes. But inconsistent teams with talent beat top-ten teams every so often. We'll have our chances.

We have a chance to win all the home games. It's hard to win on the road, and we are hard to beat in the dome, especially in front of pumped up crowds. That's how college basketball works. It's hard to win on the road. Anyone who thinks Duke, Louisville, or virginia is going to just walk in here is guaranteed to hasn't been paying attention, because with the exception of Duke hammering Notre Dame at home, none of those teams have really hammered anybody.

Virginia had trouble with BC, Duke lost at home to Miami and was beat at NC state. Louisville has a hard time making shots outside of ten feet.

Now this is not a usual Syracuse team, it will be an upset to win any of those games, but our top three guys are as good as any of the top three on those teams, and are capable of carrying us to victory.

The Louisville/ virginia games will be in the 50's anyway, so we won't have to have three guys with 20 points in those games.

I think we split with Duke, beat at least one of Notre Dame/Louisville/State, and (though it's not wise to make predictions regarding that thug ball team) beat Pittsburgh.

Our team isn't that bad. Inconsistent, yes. But inconsistent teams with talent beat top-ten teams every so often. We'll have our chances.

I get it was against the worst conference team, but I expect BJ's defense to stay active, thus getting more Pt, which of course gives a chance for some threes each game. Don't expect rak to struggle so much next few games, so anything is possible against va, ville, duke, etc

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Foxda130

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom