That last possession was a thing of beauty. | Syracusefan.com

That last possession was a thing of beauty.

The essence of football - toughness, rushing the ball, eating up the clock.

Coach Mac called it true football - the kind of play that traditional football coaches love.

The essence of football - toughness, rushing the ball, eating up the clock.

Coach Mac called it true football - the kind of play that traditional football coaches love.

When you can do that consistently, that's a winning team.

When you can do that consistently, that's a winning team.

But that's not how this offense was built. May need to revert to it now because the book is out on how to stop the no huddle spread.

Interesting that we were out gained for once, and won.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

If we ran those plays to start the game off, everyone would be calling for Hacketts head. Or are people still calling for his head after the win anyway?

But that's not how this offense was built. May need to revert to it now because the book is out on how to stop the no huddle spread.

Interesting that we were out gained for once, and won.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

I'm not saying the whole game, I'm talking about being able to close out a game with a small lead.

And being able to win while being out gained, that's a good thing.

Last night was all goodness, they were able to perform and win with other elements that hadn't been seen or done well before. Defenses are adjusting to what SU has done.

They aren't going to give up the way they want to run the offense.

No question. I like the new offense, but...

There's nothing like playing "Start The F**king Bus" football. People need to give the OL it's due for their efforts. It was interesting to see them revving each other up. They were not lacking for confidence. A lot of heavy head slaps being awarded amongst them.

And the direction we ran most of those plays says a lot about how much we missed Pugh.

Was a thing of beauty except the clock management. The execution was perfect however.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk 2

Great job running out clock. But snapped ball 15 seconds too early on one play. And ran out of bounds on another. Minor details but glad to get win

Was a thing of beauty except the clock management. The execution was perfect however.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk 2

There is nothing wrong with snapping it with time on the clock, doesn't allow the defense to time up their take off. I don't mind that they gave the kids the opportunity to win by going for the first down.

I'm not saying the whole game, I'm talking about being able to close out a game with a small lead.

And being able to win while being out gained, that's a good thing.

Last night was all goodness, they were able to perform and win with other elements that hadn't been seen or done well before. Defenses are adjusting to what SU has done.

They aren't going to give up the way they want to run the offense.
if i were one of the people who wants them to have nassib throw a lot, i still wouldn't be worried.

a typical game, i would be more willing to throw the ball if it helps get first downs. willing to trade off possibly running off less clock per play.

but yesterday, they couldn't throw well and that was the time to make a statement. marrone and the offense responded. even nassib too - good scramble.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bspencer309

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom