That loss at Gtown must be weighing heavily on the minds of bball commentators | Syracusefan.com

That loss at Gtown must be weighing heavily on the minds of bball commentators

Orangemen

All Conference
Maybe the collapse against Louisville too I guess.

This team has been downright dominant throughout the East Regional. They've trailed for a total of 6 min or so. They've never trailed after the 16 min mark of the first half. The biggest deficit they've faced all tournament long is 3 points. That's pretty rare stuff I'm sure. That's the resume of a dominant 1 seed.

Yet they've been picked against pretty consistently ever since the Sweet 16 matchup. Even against Michigan- who, let's face it, is very lucky to still be in this thing- we seem to be a clear underdog.

From where I sit, it makes no sense. I feel like I'm watching coverage of some bizarro tournament or something. I'm not complaining, as us against the world has proven to be a pretty solid motivator many times, but it does seem strange.

I both like it and can't stand it at the same time. Driving home from the game on Saturday night, I was listening to some idiot on Mad Dog Radio on XM. He was talking about how SU is very inconsistent, has several bad losses, benefited from poor-shooting opponents and has major flaws. In short, not the kind of team anyone would expect in the FF in most years. I had to change the station because I knew I was listening to a true half-wit. This team has been playing the best 1/2 court defense of any team I can remember at the college level.

I both like it and can't stand it at the same time. Driving home from the game on Saturday night, I was listening to some idiot on Mad Dog Radio on XM. He was talking about how SU is very inconsistent, has several bad losses, benefited from poor-shooting opponents and has major flaws. In short, not the kind of team anyone would expect in the FF in most years. I had to change the station because I knew I was listening to a true half-wit. This team has been playing the best 1/2 court defense of any team I can remember at the college level.

How about the cause of poor-shooting opponents. This guy was a nut case.

This team has been playing the best 1/2 court defense of any team I can remember at the college level.

This. This is why we're playing in Atlanta this weekend. Defense wins championships.

I love it, just like 2003. but I am surprised most of the "experts" I've seen so far are picking Michigan. you would think it would at least be 50/50, but a good offense is sexier than a good defense so people will lean towards the offensive team.

Love that Michigan is seen as the clear favorite. Hope that continues and hope that the Michigan players hear that stuff all week.I think that will only add to the psychological advantage of the zone if the shots aren't falling.

Was that Kenny Smith that called in?

Ugh i cant even listen to mad dog radio. Complete negativity all the time.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Was that Kenny Smith that called in?
No, it wasn't. It was probably a guy from the B-team since it was after 9 pm Saturday night - I didn't care to remember his name.

Ugh i cant even listen to mad dog radio. Complete negativity all the time

Agreed. There are so many clowns on that network, starting with Mr. Russo himself. That channel is unbearable.

Maybe the collapse against Louisville too I guess.

This team has been downright dominant throughout the East Regional. They've trailed for a total of 6 min or so. They've never trailed after the 16 min mark of the first half. The biggest deficit they've faced all tournament long is 3 points. That's pretty rare stuff I'm sure. That's the resume of a dominant 1 seed.

Yet they've been picked against pretty consistently ever since the Sweet 16 matchup. Even against Michigan- who, let's face it, is very lucky to still be in this thing- we seem to be a clear underdog.

From where I sit, it makes no sense. I feel like I'm watching coverage of some bizarro tournament or something. I'm not complaining, as us against the world has proven to be a pretty solid motivator many times, but it does seem strange.
I don't think they were favored to win the last 4 games of the 2003 run either. I love it & Coach K made a point in an interview, before the Louisville game, regarding how the Cardinal guard tandem was by far the best in the country. I'm sure MCW & BT have seen that piece.

Agreed. There are so many clowns on that network, starting with Mr. Russo himself. That channel is unbearable.
Unfortunately, ESPN was talking football and Fox sports had an NBA game on. It was either Mad Dog or Opie and Anthony, which was a rerun of the show I listened to on my way down to DC.