That Nazi Swastika incident directed at Louie Orr | Syracusefan.com

That Nazi Swastika incident directed at Louie Orr

What did they write "chalk" on the other houses?...

Before I got to this part, knowing Louie, I imagined him doing this:

"Mr. Atkins said at the coach’s request, he is attempting to arrange a meeting with the boys who were involved.

“He wants to meet with these two young men to express how it affected him and his family, how it is for an African-American, even in this day and age, to come out of his house and see that language and symbolism on his property,” Mr. Atkins said."

That is so Louie Orr, a good man.

“It was racially insensitive, but it wasn’t done with malice to be racial." Hello? Talk about splitting hairs! I am so impressed that Louie would want to talk to these kids and hope he talks to their parents as well. That may be closer to the root of the problem.

He's showing he's better than they are. Hope they learn something from him. And I hope the parents come to court.

“It was racially insensitive, but it wasn’t done with malice to be racial." Hello? Talk about splitting hairs! I am so impressed that Louie would want to talk to these kids and hope he talks to their parents as well. That may be closer to the root of the problem.

Yes, that seemed like a strange statement from that prosecutor, and I remember the police chief making similarly strange statements at the time of the incident.

Louie is a fine person and has lived an exemplary life, so his reaction is not surprising. I had the pleasure of taking some classes with him at SU and can say he was one of the nicest and most unassuming athletes on campus.

Yes, that seemed like a strange statement from that prosecutor, and I remember the police chief making similarly strange statements at the time of the incident.

Louie is a fine person and has lived an exemplary life, so his reaction is not surprising. I had the pleasure of taking some classes with him at SU and can say he was one of the nicest and most unassuming athletes on campus.
Lou, Rosie Bouie, Art Monk, and Dale Shackleford were the BMOC when I got to SU, and they seemed like great people whenever I interacted w/ them.

Lou, Rosie Bouie, Art Monk, and Dale Shackleford were the BMOC when I got to SU, and they seemed like great people whenever I interacted w/ them.

You are correct about all of them.