That sinking feeling... | Syracusefan.com

That sinking feeling...

Flacusian

All Conference
When you love the program and the team to death but it reaches the tipping point where any reservations you've had about the limitations of the team can no longer be denied. Teams can get by and overcome defects by making adjustments and adopting a strategy which plays off of it's strengths while minimizing the effects of it's deficiencies.

There are just too many defects with the composition of this team with regard to talent, ability and the manner in which they play together as a team. While they have been keeping it relatively close during the past 2 games, when crunch time came they had no answers.

Our defense has been our greatest strength and even that has diminished and defensive intensity has not been maintained throughout the entire game. Once that begins to decay... there is nothing left to rely on. No post game to speak of. Our bigs present no offensive threat whatsoever. No leadership to speak of. Ask yourself " Who is the leader of this team"? If you have to pause for even a nanosecond it shows that there is a problem.

Perhaps most painful is watching a team that has demonstrated at times that they are capable of winning these games that are recent losses. Watching incredibly boneheaded turnovers and a breakdown of any offensive continuity is just really difficult to watch. We were favored to win the regular season title this year along with Louisville. To be honest there is a great sense of disappointment with this team. I'm hoping that they can somehow stop the bleeding and pull together to cobble together some semblance of a dignified end of the season. I'll be cheering as hard as ever. I just hope they can give me something to cheer about.

I posted before Georgetown that DePaul was our only sure win. If this team doesn't turn things around, that DePaul game might be our only win. What would that mean... a 5 seed?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SYRtoBOS

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom