That was awful | Syracusefan.com

That was awful

iommi

Living Legend
I know our record. That being said, this team is not very good right now. Our guards not named Scoop stink right now. I'll say it again: they stink right now. Dion has completely lost his game. Brandon looks slow as a tortoise.

Fab seems to only play well in small segments. The jumpers he made vs. uconn were fool's gold. He has fallen in love with it. Baye is not helpful, to be nice.

Kris is Kris. He is who he iis. He's come up clutch on occasion. But when he does his Globetrotters routine it is hard to watch.

CJ has been great. Total glue guy.

I know I I'll be ridiculed by my post, but I really think we will be bounced early from tourney unless we get our act together. This team needs to play a compete game. We'll see if they can get It together.

right now we are just missing shots.. and looking bored.. glad we finish with two bigger named foes.. i think this team is going to turn it on starting saturday .. then pick up speed in the bet

We need more than 2 guys to step up and lead the way. The last time we had more than two was the UConn game. Triche needs to figure it out. Waiters needs to get going. Right now, it seems like we ride any two of KJo, Scoop and Fair. Thats not going to cut it...at least in the Sweet 16.

right now we are just missing shots.. and looking bored.. glad we finish with two bigger named foes.. i think this team is going to turn it on starting saturday .. then pick up speed in the bet

I dont understand the correlation between boredom and missed jump shots. I need help on that one. There simply seems to be a lack of off the ball movement. Lots of jogging.

I know our record. That being said, this team is not very good right now. Our guards not named Scoop stink right now. I'll say it again: they stink right now. Dion has completely lot his game. Brandon looks slow as a tortoise.

Fab seems to only play well in small segments. The jumpers he made vs. uconn were fool's gold. He has fallen in love with it. Baye is not helpful, to be nice.

Kris is Kris. He is he is. He's come up clutch on occasion. But when he does his Globetrotters routine it is hard to watch.

I know I I'll be ridiculed by my post, but I really think we will be bounced early from tourney unless we get our act together. This team needs to play a compete game. We'll see if they can get It together.

"A win is a win." You're gonna hear a lot of that...but you know that already.

Oh yeah...and traffic must have been really bad tonight (if you were watching closely).

44cuse

I dont understand the correlation between boredom and missed jump shots. I need help on that one. There simply seems to be a lack of off the ball movement. Lots of jogging.

"Lack of off the ball movent." Ya think?

44cuse

"A win is a win." You're gonna hear a lot of that...but you know that already.

Oh yeah...and traffic must have been really bad tonight (if you were watching closely).

44cuse
I don't get your traffic comment.

Every season I can remember we go through a stretch like this and in all of those years we have lost at least a game and many times more to less than stellar opponents. This year we are winning these games while getting every team's best shot.

Games at this point in the season mean very little. The thing about March Madness is that any team seeded in the top 4-5 can get hot and make a run. We did and many other teams have done it before.

I am like you and would like to see us play a little better, but I have seen us play much better than this at this point in the season and get bounced early and have seen us play much worse at this point in the season and get bounces early.

I truly believe it is all about matchups. If we get good ones we can breeze to NOLA. But even if we get crappy ones we can win them.

Have a like to counter the usual and inevitable hivemind who think the piss is rain. I usually hold my tongue from most such post game threads and think people over react in both ways, but at this point you'd have to be on some sort of antidepressent to actually feel good about the way this team is enterring the 3rd month.Record and seed be damned, this team is playing like sloths on vacation.

"Lack of off the ball movent." Ya think?

44cuse

Yeah, some people think we will just flip the switch and play harder in the tournaments. Is that what teams do to make deep runs in the tourney? Was that chapter taken out of the Izzo, Calhoun, Coach K, Bob Knight play book?

We just beat USF at home in a close game. They are a bubble team. Let that settle in for a moment. Yes, I understand that teams dont play well every game...but Cuse hasnt played well since the UConn game (at least the UL game effort wasnt lazy). Teams dont morph into something they arent once the NCAA tournament starts.

I don't get your traffic comment.

Yeah, I didn't expect you to. Here's the context:

Multi-year running "joke" (only with me it's not a joke). You were sort of calling out the fact that an impartial observer cannot say this team is playing well. Implying that there are some folks who are still running around saying we are playing well because we are winning.

I took it as an opportunity to link it to (again multi yr thing) to the fact that there are still people running around saying the traffic is bad in Syracuse and that's why people leave early (there were a lot of empty seats with 2 minutes to go).

I don't believe either one: that we are playing well or that there is bad traffic in Syracuse.

44cuse

Why doesn't anyone talk about how unbielvable our D is? That's what's won us all these games. Teams just can't make shots against us. We've barely given up over 70 to anyone this year. If we could actually rebound, it would be even more apparent.

Yeah, some people think we will just flip the switch and play harder in the tournaments. Is that what teams do to make deep runs in the tourney?

There are people here who apparently think that, yes. I can say one thing for certain, JB teams don't do that. At least not in the 30 years I have been watching SU hoops (not including GMAC during the BET run).

44cuse

Flick of the Switch is an AC/DC album...not a sound way to play winning basketball. And it's one of the weaker AC/DC albums anyway.

I know our record. That being said, this team is not very good right now. Our guards not named Scoop stink right now. I'll say it again: they stink right now. Dion has completely lost his game. Brandon looks slow as a tortoise.

Kris is Kris. He is who he iis. He's come up clutch on occasion. But when he does his Globetrotters routine it is hard to watch.

Fab has taken two jumpers from the range he took those against UConn. Not sure that's falling in love with it.

People need to take a step back from the ledge. Good lord. USF's the best defensive team in the conference, and slows the pace on offense. This was a bad matchup for us, like ND.

Why doesn't anyone talk about how unbielvable our D is? That's what's won us all these games. Teams just can't make shots against us. We've barely given up over 70 to anyone this year. If we could actually rebound, it would be even more apparent.
This. The majority of this team has struggled on offense lately, but we're sitll winning because our D has been tremendous. As long as we keep playing good D we're gonna win games. Once the O turns around, all the better.

Fab has taken two jumpers from the range he took those against UConn. Not sure that's falling in love with it.

People need to take a step back from the ledge. Good lord. USF's the best defensive team in the conference, and slows the pace on offense. This was a bad matchup for us, like ND.
I respect your opinion but Fab took two jumpers today and two against Rutgers. 0-4.

Exactly right. The sooner the non seniors can learn to adjust to teams that have practiced to defend our strengths and exploit our weaknesses the better it will be. It’s called league play.

I respect your opinion but Fab took two jumpers today and two against Rutgers. 0-4.
He took 1 deep jumper, and one turn around that was half the range against Uconn.

People miss shots. Boeheim said it himself. "If he misses the first it's ok, but the second he can't shoot anymore."

He took 1 deep jumper, and one turn around that was half the range against Uconn.

People miss shots. Boeheim said it himself. "If he misses the first it's ok, but the second he can't shoot anymore."
Ok, that's my point. He should go inside and ot jack up jumpers.

If Syracuse is willing to allow its (inferior) opponents to dictate tempo and play their preferred style, that's a problem. "Bad matchup" won't take the sting out of an upset NCAA tournament loss played in the 60s.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SYRtoBOS

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom