The 12 Pros from CBSSports.com | Syracusefan.com

The 12 Pros from CBSSports.com

Flora'cuse

Scout Team
The 12 Pros from CBSSports.Com Pick Looavul:
9 of the 12 have the hacking defense winning the whole thing.
Looavul: 9
Gonzaga: 1
Miami (Fla): 1
Ohio State: 1
SU: 0
http://www.cbssports.com/collegebasketball/ncaa-tournament/predictions

No question Looavul has a good chance to win it all, but I got SU winning it all in one of my pools and Looavul in none. I always have 1 with SU winning it. How can you not? Besides, I like our chances this year.
SUball

There's no good team this year.

I'm not buying the Louisville hype. Yes, they can get there, but they could also get the wrong ref and be out well before Atlanta.

And Indiana, another top pick, has lost 3 of their last 6 games heading into the tourney. Obviously, this doesn't disqualify them from being a contender, I just object to the fact that they are some kind of FF or Elite 8 lock when they are vulnerable enough to drop 3 of 6, and honestly should have lost at Michigan and could easily be 2-4 in their last 6.

Gonzaga is one giant question mark. some have compared them to ND in football this past season, and we all know how that turned out.

Kansas got blown of the floor by Baylor in their last reg season game. The same Baylor team that isn't even in this tournament. Some have asked if this was Bill Self's worst team ever. Can't call that team a lock either.

I'm really not getting all the Louisville love. No doubt they're good. But there are lots of good teams this year and no great teams. With that scenario you would expect the picks to be all over the board and not so concentrated on a single team. What this really tells me is that most of these experts don't put that much thought into it and just go with the favorites and pick upsets against their least favorites. SU beat the #1 overall seed on their court, without our 2nd leading scorer. Why is that not mentioned by anyone? I also saw somewhere listed that SU's key wins this year were Louisville, Villanova and Sand Diego St. I could've sworn we also beat Gtown and Pittsburgh.

I'm really not getting all the Louisville love. No doubt they're good. But there are lots of good teams this year and no great teams. With that scenario you would expect the picks to be all over the board and not so concentrated on a single team. What this really tells me is that most of these experts don't put that much thought into it and just go with the favorites and pick upsets against their least favorites. SU beat the #1 overall seed on their court, without our 2nd leading scorer. Why is that not mentioned by anyone? I also saw somewhere listed that SU's key wins this year were Louisville, Villanova and Sand Diego St. I could've sworn we also beat Gtown and Pittsburgh.
To paraphrase Rush Limbaugh:

The media is desirous of an elite team.

UK made it easy last year, so someone else should make it easy this year. Louisville- the same team that had a 3 game losing streak earlier this season, and spent a total of 1 week at #1- is apparently that team. Probably because IU's terrible closing record makes it hard to label them as this years UK.

We made them them look so dominant for a 10 minute 2nd half stretch of the BET title game with our inept ball handling that the national media now thinks Ville is a near lock. UL fans everywhere should thank us.

Because the media just lumps that in with their "mid season swoon", which takes away credit that us and Villanova should get. Weren't we the only team to beat them at home this year?

I listened closely to the experts last night all rate Louisville as by far the best team in nation. When quizzed why, they all said the same thing. Down 45-29 in the second half in the final of BET tournament, it was how they came back and eviscerated SU.

No mention was made that we beat them in our first encounter and that we were tied with a minute to go in the second. We were also doing pretty well for three quarters of the third encounter. If we play them again, I think we win.

Indiana may be more of a challenge for us.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RSmith

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom