The 2023-24 ACC Basketball Conference Schedule Comes Out Tonight | Syracusefan.com

The 2023-24 ACC Basketball Conference Schedule Comes Out Tonight

sutomcat

No recent Cali or Iggy awards; Mr Irrelevant
What do we want to see here?

I thought last year we were boned pretty badly by the ACC. We only got 4 home dates on Saturdays for conference games and one was on New Years Eve.

Meanwhile, we played at 6 other ACC venues on Saturdays.

Because Syracuse has a huge regional fan base, it is particularly important that the ACC furnish us with as many Saturday home dates as possible.

We already know who we are playing.

Syracuse will play BC, Pitt, Clemson, UL, UNC and NC State home and away, FSU, UM, ND and VT home only and Duke, GT, UVa and Wake away only.

We must be rooting for UNC to be a Saturday game. UL is probably the next best draw. Maybe Pitt and ND as well and hopefully Clemson as a fifth Saturday game (probably get some extras with JGIII playing for them).

We will probably play a home conference game and an away conference game in December. One will probably be on December 2nd (that weekend remains open). The other will probably be played on Saturday, December 30th. That weekend is also open and a favorite in the past for scheduling ACC games.

I am also hoping we get no 9 pm weekday games at home. Those are brutal. I think everyone in the ACC gets one of these though so brace for impact.

Did we know we play LSU in SEC challenge. At home?

Did we know we play LSU in SEC challenge. At home?

When does this thing come out? I have a trip to plan.

Less then stellar conference schedule if I'm being honest. It's front loaded which is exactly what we didn't need and not only do we only play Duke once it's the day after New Years. Back end is much lighter on paper and where SU could do some damage

Less then stellar conference schedule if I'm being honest. It's front loaded which is exactly what we didn't need and not only do we only play Duke once it's the day after New Years. Back end is much lighter on paper and where SU could do some damage
Agreed. I hate the start of the schedule for a young team with new pieces. On the road @UVA and @Duke early. Yikes.

Agreed. I hate the start of the schedule for a young team with new pieces. On the road @UVA and @Duke early. Yikes.

With that said by the time we get UVA these kids have faced a number of strong opponents which is even more the case come the game at Duke.

I see people’s points on a team with a lot of new players and a new and first time head coach needing time to gel.

But perhaps we will be much harder to prepare for and that will help balance it out? We’ve been considered extremely predictable and easy to prepare for, for a long time. Maybe these other teams are sweating a bit, not quite knowing what we’re bringing to the table….other than a lot of talent.

How much do UNC tickets cost? I can plan now to head down there for this game.

Rutgers coach calling for a charge like a little *****.
He was supposed to be their savior. He was terrible. I’m looking forward to getting that swag back this year. I think people have forgotten about Syracuse basketball. They’re going to be reminded in a big way this year. We have a tough schedule to start the season, but these guys are going to tear it up.

I see people’s points on a team with a lot of new players and a new and first time head coach needing time to gel.

But perhaps we will be much harder to prepare for and that will help balance it out? We’ve been considered extremely predictable and easy to prepare for, for a long time. Maybe these other teams are sweating a bit, not quite knowing what we’re bringing to the table….other than a lot of talent.

I like the thought, but honestly, I don't think anybody is "sweating" us.

We are an afterthought right now, hoping that Red can turn us into an interesting team, and that Maui can be our launchpad back to real legitimacy. But it's probably another year away.

I'm just hoping for competency as he implements a new style, a certain quality and competitiveness, and hope for the future. I want to be entertained again, not have to suffer through seasons.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Laxmom2317

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom