the 3 by Arcidancanoanciono to send it into OT | Syracusefan.com

the 3 by Arcidancanoanciono to send it into OT

pearl31

in cahoots
seemed like espnU had maybe 2 cameras on hand for the game, and either didn't have or didn't want to show any good views of where his foot was in relation to the line. and Mowens and Welsh barely mentioned it, even though it was under review for several minutes...
anyone at the game have a good view of it? anyone who DVRd have a freeze frame?
just curious.

(main point here is that such a huge shot at that point in the game ought to be worth a helluva lot more discussion and "looks" by espnU than they gave us—the coverage of games on TV just gets worse and worse, even though they broadcast a ton of games)

Oh they mentioned it. He was behind the line

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

He looked to be behind the line, but in front of the nba line. But yes, it should have gotten more attention.

It was good they showed a view of it which his feet were clearly behind the 3pt line : (

They reviewed it before OT started. It was definitely a 3.

Totally agree. They probably had 5 cameras. Can't believe they gave us only 2 angles. At least blow one of the shots up. Literally a game-changing call and they kind of brushed it off. Bizarre.

ESPNU is clearly their "C" team, and resources are allocated appropriately. That said, it looked like a 3 from the angles shown.

I only remember seeing one replay, and thought his back foot MIGHT have been out of bounds - anyone have it DVR'd to check?

They mentioned it and the refs reviewed it. The announcers pointed out the nba and college lines on the replay.

Sent using my Commodore 64 on Tapatalk 5.3

Did anyone go back and re-watch the banked in 3 earlier in the game? Was he over the line? They never reviewed it

Did anyone go back and re-watch the banked in 3 earlier in the game? Was he over the line? They never reviewed it
That one should have been looked at. I am almost certain his toe was over the line.

The regular view of the shot was interesting when they first showed it because his foot stepped forward and I thought he stepped onto the line, but after the other view his foot was behind the line.

It hurts, but o well...what are you going to do...?

If a tree falls in the forest and nobody is there does it make a sound? Take my word for it. It does. And take Burr's (or ESPN's) word for it. He was behind the line.

The production crew for that game was awful. ZERO meaningful replays the entire game.

Yeah, we got nothing on Fair's two goaltends, nothing on Nova's likely up-and-down, and nothing on two of three close block/charges (which went our way, so I won't complain).

Lousy production.

Nova's likely up-and-down

I'd love to see this one again. From my view in the stands, it seemed obvious, no? And they got a 3 point play off it as well.

I thought the few replays they showed were blatantly obvious that it was a three -- why waste any more time discussing it or looking at it during the broadvast

I'd love to see this one again. From my view in the stands, it seemed obvious, no? And they got a 3 point play off it as well.

That killed us. Worst-case, it's a held ball (which would be a shitty call, but one that seems to get made on momentary tie-ups every other game).

That killed us. Worst-case, it's a held ball (which would be a shitty call, but one that seems to get made on momentary tie-ups every other game).

It's one of those things that seemed so obvious to me (to be fair, from the upper deck) that I assumed I must've missed something because otherwise it seemed like an obvious walk. Any chance we knocked the ball loose?

If we're talking missed chances, it's not a call, but Rak front rimming an alley oop MCW threw him out of a TO early in the second half killed me.

It's one of those things that seemed so obvious to me (to be fair, from the upper deck) that I assumed I must've missed something because otherwise it seemed like an obvious walk. Any chance we knocked the ball loose?

If we're talking missed chances, it's not a call, but Rak front rimming an alley oop MCW threw him out of a TO early in the second half killed me.

No way the ball got knocked loose. Maybe someone got a hand on it.

Rakeem had two tough misses. Should have settled that lob pass, though his momentum took him away from the rim and it wouldn't have been a gimme. Grant missed a real chippy (off an offensive rebound, I think) shortly before he fouled out. Very unusual for him. And Triche missed a near-side 12-footer in the second half that should probably be close to automatic; he didn't use glass and it kicked off. Wish everyone would use glass on that shot.

Yeah, there was another layup Rak missed; I think that was after the alley oop? If I remember correctly he came under the rim from the right to the left side and I was already complimenting him on the nice move when it then didn't go in. (I'm an idiot).

Though to be fair, in the OT, Nova came as close to making a three as you possibly can and then the ball spun out. I have no idea how that happened.

Btw, how many poeople from the board were at the game? Seemed like the upper level was all SU fans...

I thought the few replays they showed were blatantly obvious that it was a three -- why waste any more time discussing it or looking at it during the broadvast
A) nothing they showed made it appear "blatantly obvious." The amount of time the refs spent reviewing it is testimony to that.
B) Having said that, the game was hanging in the balance and Mowens/Welsh were joking around about the crowd and the weather outside and what they had for breakfast.

espnU had their C-level broadcasters and their D-level production crew working that game.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CB277777

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom