The ACC race right now | Syracusefan.com

The ACC race right now

pearl31

in cahoots
We're tied with UVA and Miami for 6th - both of whom we have the tiebreaker over - and just a game back of FSU over whom we also own the tiebreaker.
Down the stretch they come!
2017-02-18_2119.png

I think 2-2 gets us 10 wins and probably we end up in 6th.

for Miami to get to 11 they would need to beat Vt and FSU and Virg
likewise Virg to get to 11 would need to beat Miami or UNC but I dont think they beat nc st right now.

but I think all 3 of use go 2-2 and i would take that right now.

I confess to not giving a thought to SU tying or being ahead of UVA or FSU in the standings. Both of them could lose their 4 remaining conference games and they'd still be locks, I think that's one of the reasons it never crossed my mind - no bubble talk for them. Tied for 6th at 10-8 with UVA has a chance of happening, that'd be cool. I do want UVA to beat Miami Monday night and FSU to beat Miami and Clemson, I believe that would help us the most.

I was hoping Virginia would sweep North Carolina and 1) make Miami's and GTech's win over UNC less impressive and 2) make our win over UVA more impressive but now I don't care if UNC sweeps UVA.

I confess to not giving a thought to SU tying or being ahead of UVA or FSU in the standings. Both of them could lose their 4 remaining conference games and they'd still be locks, I think that's one of the reasons it never crossed my mind - no bubble talk for them. Tied for 6th at 10-8 with UVA has a chance of happening, that'd be cool. I do want UVA to beat Miami Monday night and FSU to beat Miami and Clemson, I believe that would help us the most.

I was hoping Virginia would sweep North Carolina and 1) make Miami's and GTech's win over UNC less impressive and 2) make our win over UVA more impressive but now I don't care if UNC sweeps UVA.
yep, bubble ramifications are definitely more important than conf standings and conf tourney seeding implications... it really would be best for us for UVA and Fla St to finish strong

yep, bubble ramifications are definitely more important than conf standings and conf tourney seeding implications... it really would be best for us for UVA and Fla St to finish strong

No doubt getting to the dance is THE goal. I have to believe that finishing high in the ACC standings will go a long way in terms of both national perception and seeding conversations within the selection committee.

something to consider regarding UVA's recent slide - how brutal and packed together is this current 8-day slate:
Sunday @ V.Tech, Wed vs Duke, Saturday @ NC, Monday vs Miami

yikes

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SYRtoBOS

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom