The amazing aura of 2020 | Syracusefan.com

The amazing aura of 2020

MadNY3

All American
Maybe it was because it was a slow, painful, week-to-week atrophy of hope combined with political, social and pandemic hysteria, but I am amazed how numb/totally over with the 1-10 season we just had.

I wish I had this insulation during the GRob years.

Special thanks to Jim Harbaugh, Denver Bronco QBs and Florida State to contributing to the What year of football.

I am with you. I’ve never been so emotionally detached from our team and results. Did I still watch every game, start to finish? Yep. Was it the same? Not even close. And I think it directly correlates with the lack of fans in the stadiums around the country.

That doesn’t make 1-10 any better. But in 10-20 years, this season will be a blip in my memory bank, because it just want the same.

Honestly I probably watched less than 20% of snaps. I just could not get into football this year. I also wanted to take advantage of the weekends with the nice weather knowing that the late fall and winter would suck. I don’t know what to call this season. I really don’t. Does it deserve an asterisk? I don’t know. What I do know is that the team played hard, got 11 games in which is amazing and had an incredible COVID response. The kids certainly sacrificed a lot and deserve to recharge over the holidays. I’m hoping that this season will spring board the team into 2021. I remain positive for next year, this season can only help to improve the team for next year.

When I first read that Chris Elmore would be our starting OG, I was pretty much prepared for what occurred.

No spring practice.

Our two best RBs opting out.

The injuries.

For me, this year was as Babers put it, an asterisk.
You forgot to add sporadic fall practice and two new coordinators; one being a full on new scheme. Honestly, I ain't even mad.

When I first read that Chris Elmore would be our starting OG, I was pretty much prepared for what occurred.

No spring practice.

Our two best RBs opting out.

The injuries.

For me, this year was as Babers put it, an asterisk.

That was healthy.

I still don't put the asterisk because it was a (bad) extension of last year when we also did not have a strong OL. And Q White hasn't developed, but somehow the defense in a short amount of time with a lot of freshman did OK.

For a team not bit by Covid (other than two good RBs), 1-10 is still should not be permissible IMO, but it kinda doesn't matter. I actually think it will make us better next year. I do.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DizzyNY

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom