The annual Bill Simmons night at the NBA Draft... | Syracusefan.com

The annual Bill Simmons night at the NBA Draft...

Except the MKG comments that he has since edited out. I happened to open the article up this morning and never closed it:

7:44 — Actual transcript of the MKG/Mark Jones interview … .
Jones: “Michael, what does it mean to be drafted no. 2 overall and go down to play for Michael Jordan in Charlotte?”
MKG [overcome]: “Oh man, it’s just a blessing for me, Anthony Davis would be here … So … oh my God … “
Me: “Nobody should ever be this excited to play with DJ Augustin and Bismack Biyombo.”
Jones: “And to play for the University of Kentucky and to see what your school has done with the first two picks in this draft … “
MKG [closing his eyes]: “Oh, oh … I mean a lot … it means a lot … a lot … “
House: “He’s either giving an interview or getting oral sex. I can’t decide.”

Simmons was later told about MKG's speech impediment.

By the way, I agree with him about MKG. Definitely the best pro in the draft this year.

I'm kind of partial to Gilbert Arenas reference.

"Right player, right spot," says House, a longtime Washington fan. "It was a very un-Wizard-like pick. We needed a guy who could shoot at the basket and not at his teammates." Hey now.

Also liked this:

"Anytime you can take the Big East's 'Sixth Man of the Year' with the fourth pick in an NBA draft, you have to do it"

Definitely laughed at this (in spite of the Flynn reference):

8:05 — Questions asked in my living room after Portland's pick: "What conference is Damian Lillard from again?" … "Has any top-10 pick ever had more highlights that happened against white people?" … "Is it WEE-ber or Weh-ber?" … "Has anyone ever picked a backup point guard this high?" … "Did they just pick Jerryd Bayless again or am I crazy?" … "Are these highlights from Division I games?"
(Answers: Big Sky … no … "Weh-ber" "Wee-ber" … yes, Jonny Flynn in 2009 … it's unclear … yes.)

I laughed at the Baxter Burgundy reference when talking about the Cavs picks lol

At the end of this exchange below, Davis could have also said:
"Remember I went to Kentucky and my coach is the dirtiest coach in the game. "

7:37 — New Orleans takes "The Brow," immediately becoming a title contender from 2015 through 2028. The Brow hugs exactly five people before walking onstage and having this exchange with David Stern …
Stern: "Congratulations. Don't ever tell anyone how you really became a Hornet."
Davis: "I won't, sir."
Stern: "I'm not kidding — nobody can ever know. I'm not proud of everything I did. People make mistakes."
Davis: "Got it, you don't have to worry about me."1