the backhanded slap from espn | Syracusefan.com

the backhanded slap from espn

Re: the ESPN story---talk about putting lipstick on a pig. Those SEC-BE match-ups suck, but the reporter, whose job it is to sell ESPN programming, thinks they're great. Sheesh...

Re: the ESPN story---talk about putting lipstick on a pig. Those SEC-BE match-ups suck, but the reporter, whose job it is to sell ESPN programming, thinks they're great. Sheesh...
and mentions the 'possible' departure of Syracuse and Pitt from the BE. About as 'possible' as the sun coming up tomorrow...

I would just say no if I was Gross. Good for him. Playing in Arkansas does not generate any money for Syracuse but generates revenue for ESPN and Big East only. They can either give us a home game that will make money for all 3 parties or no game at all like Pitt. F the BE.

Expecting us to play on the road when no return game will take place is insulting.

I would just say no if I was Gross. Good for him. Playing in Arkansas does not generate any money for Syracuse but generates revenue for ESPN and Big East only. They can either give us a home game that will make money for all 3 parties or no game at all like Pitt. F the BE.

Expecting us to play on the road when no return game will take place is insulting.

We had a home game in last year's BE/SEC Challenge against Florida. This year would have been a road game regardless of opponent.

We've played five in ten years.

Yeah the thing that kinda gets me about this is you have some people in the media who go too far and start calling games in AC home games, which is ridiculous. And that kind of detracts from the main point, which is we very rarely play non conference road games. That's a legitimate knock on our schedule, but because some people in the media take it so far I think it is easy for a lot of the fanbase to deflect any criticism from the OOC schedule by lumping it in with ridiculous criticisms like playing in AC is a home game for us.

The game we played last year at State was the first road game since the winter of 2008, if I recall correctly. That is pretty sad, to me.

As was pointed out, the road game this year is supposed to be the return game for the home game we got last year. So you could just as easily say from the SU standpoint that playing a home game and then not playing the return game on the road is an insult to the SEC.