The best medicine | Syracusefan.com

The best medicine

Orangezoo

In the wind
So I'm sure many of us will still watch the tourney. It's hard and sucks but yeah- March is an addiction.

On a side note- youtube has us all covered for the trip down March Memory lane. 80s games, 90s games and on. Time to start back up with watching our tourney runs to heal those wounds.

And also then watching UConn, Duke and others lose early next week..

You'd be surprised how many of us lose interest if our team is out. Some of us are Syracuse fans exclusively, and some are college basketball fans.

No surprise this is all you take from this post. Good lord.

So I'm sure many of us will still watch the tourney. It's hard and sucks but yeah- March is an addiction.

On a side note- youtube has us all covered for the trip down March Memory lane. 80s games, 90s games and on. Time to start back up with watching our tourney runs to heal those wounds.

My second favorite sporting event after the World Cup, regardless of whether we are in it, or not.

My second favorite sporting event after the World Cup, regardless of whether we are in it, or not.

Yep. I will say that the first weeks games to me are an event of their own, and the one I most look forward too, also second to the WC, and just ahead of the Euros.

Yep. I will say that the first weeks games to me are an event of their own, and the one I most look forward too, also second to the WC, and just ahead of the Euros.
Agreed on all points.

First Thursday and Friday are, IMHO, the best two days in all of sports, regardless of event.

No other sporting event in the world, that I know of, can provide two consecutive days of 12+ hours of potential nail-biting, stomach-churning, exhilarating drama the way the round of 64 can.

Euros also awesome.

Agreed on all points.

First Thursday and Friday are, IMHO, the best two days in all of sports, regardless of event.

No other sporting event in the world, that I know of, can provide two consecutive days of 12+ hours of potential nail-biting, stomach-churning, exhilarating drama the way the round of 64 can.

Euros also awesome.

Yep- spot on. It is most definitely enhanced when SU is in it and wins but no doubt the first two days are the closest thing to perfection there is for sports entertainment.

Love that the first weekend lines up with the local St Patty's day festivities as well :)

Last edited:
I wish I loved the tournament like I used to.

But the era of ug-ball being a winning strategy really turned me off of college basketball. I'm not connected to it without Syracuse.

That and the charge calls.

Only thing better than the NCAAs are the Cornhole World Championships.

After the loss at Pitt I’d had enough - probably because I had such high hopes for this team despite all the warnings about some of our players being a poor fit for the 2-3 zone and loss of a great PG in the off season.

I don’t enjoy tv generally so I canceled YouTube TV around that time. I doubt anything could happen in the tournament that would make me renew that subscription. I’ll get it back for football

No surprise this is all you take from this post. Good lord.
I'll rise above your snark. Hey I wish I retained interest in the brackets but to each their own. Just not in the mood to celebrate the success and joy of other programs when we're on the outside looking in. I might still fill one out since the kids are old enough to follow this more closely. If only I had confidence that we'll make the necessary roster moves in the offseason... I might be more upbeat about things.

This year will be the first "normal" tournament since 2019 so I'm still looking forward to it.

Is it the same without SU? No. But I still love the tournament anyway. I just hit 20 years with my company this year and got another week of PTO, so I have more time than I know what to do with and am excited to be off to watch the tournament next week.

I love the madness but it hurts our team won’t be playing. I will enter as many bracket competitions as possible

I used to cancel work on Thursday and Friday and just watch basketball for four straight days. I think I showered, but am not sure. My husband respects the addiction. But without us in it, it’s not as much fun. On the other hand, we don’t have to deal with the grief of being knocked out.

I am also Bracket Manager of my pool and I am always surprised by how consistently people want to play regardless of whether we are in or not. I do enjoy the connection with my ex-colleagues at this time of year. I write emails to the group and try to goad them into responding, which some do. We have some pretty fun back and forths. It’s all about the fun!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cuseman17

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom