The best sports week of the year (in my opinion) | Syracusefan.com

The best sports week of the year (in my opinion)

Eric15

Living Legend
This is my favorite sports week of the year. There is just SO much going on over the next 7 days. Non-stop college basketball holiday tournaments (I love the Maui Invitational) that allow you to watch games all day Marsh-style, huge college football rivalry games that will determine who makes the playoff, and lots of quality NFL games including a couple big matchups on Thanksgiving day.

I've forced myself to watch some of the bigger games, but just not feeling it yet. The football team has really crushed my ability to watch college sports. I'm just looking forward to getting the season over on Saturday and hopefully getting back into it.

I've forced myself to watch some of the bigger games, but just not feeling it yet. The football team has really crushed my ability to watch college sports. I'm just looking forward to getting the season over on Saturday and hopefully getting back into it.
Hear ya NKR... But, you should have done what I did (Yes I am a crappy fan)... Stop watching the football team a couple weeks ago so I can try to enjoy some hoops... Eagles are playing solid which always helps

We Are Syracuse said:
Hear ya NKR... But, you should have done what I did (Yes I am a crappy fan)... Stop watching the football team a couple weeks ago so I can try to enjoy some hoops... Eagles are playing solid which always helps

I have a disease. I can't bring myself to stop.

Just watch the football game because you're an SU fan but worry not about outcome. It's Cuse b-ball season now.

Agree about lots of good sports coming. Way better than shopping!

I think this is probably the most exciting weekend in sports also, you have 4 head to head SEC vs ACC football games, The Iron Bowl, The Egg Bowl, The Civil War, Arizona State vs Arizona, Michigan vs Ohio State and Wisconsin vs Minnesota to decide who plays Ohio State in the Big10 championship, Arkansas vs Missouri, Notre Dame vs USC, Virginia vs VT, Texas vs TCU loads of good college basketball goin on, and NFL games that start to mean something, throw in nightmare traffic conditions cold weather and the post thanksgiving day hustle and bustle shopping crowd, it's fun I love it. I get out a little bit on Saturday and Friday just to eat and people watch, i'm not really into consumerism and robotically shopping but i do enjoy the atmosphere the decorations and the passion. everyone have a good time and stay safe by the way watching some good games on eating good food.

I agree. The week with the NCAA basketball championship, the Masters and the start of MLB is also good.

I would rather get water-boarded than go anywhere near a store or mall on Friday. I do all my Christmas shopping on Amazon in like an hour.
So I have Chase Freedom, and you can use points from that for Amazon. Which I do. This quarter you get 5% cash back on Amazon purchases. You can imagine the cycle I'm in.

I would rather get water-boarded than go anywhere near a store or mall on Friday. I do all my Christmas shopping on Amazon in like an hour.

Internet shopping is something that I'm very thankful for. I hated going to malls for holiday shopping. For me it was the major negative of the holiday season

So this Thanksgiving and for the previous years where it's been possible...thank you Al Gore and Jeff Bezos.

I think my favorite week is Final Four weekend and baseball opening week.

As far as I'm concerned, college football and the NFL's seasons ended about 2 weeks ago (when Cuse bball started playing). Those teams are all just playing out the string now for the purposes of wrapping up the fantasy schedule. The NBA doesn't exist at all.

The only problem is Syracuse threw a serious bucket of cold water on that at MSG, so I'm kind of stalled now and needing to build up some momentum again now.

I think my favorite week is Final Four weekend and baseball opening week.
agree.

that rolls into the Masters too.

plus the NHL is jockeying for playoff seeding and the NBA gets frentic.

agree.

that rolls into the Masters too.

plus the NHL is jockeying for playoff seeding and the NBA gets frentic.

But are you factoring into the equation that baseball and golf are boring?

I kid, I kid.

As far as I'm concerned, college football and the NFL's seasons ended about 2 weeks ago (when Cuse bball started playing). Those teams are all just playing out the string now for the purposes of wrapping up the fantasy schedule. The NBA doesn't exist at all.

The only problem is Syracuse threw a serious bucket of cold water on that at MSG, so I'm kind of stalled now and needing to build up some momentum again now.

Wow - you really aren't excited for the first college football playoff ever? I think it will be incredible.

Wow - you really aren't excited for the first college football playoff ever? I think it will be incredible.

I'm sure it will be, I just focus 98% on Syracuse basketball and 2% on NFL for fantasy team reasons. College football has become almost unwatchable to me since I began watching a lot more NFL about 12 years ago. It is amazing what and incredible leap it is from college to NFL. It is probably true of college to NBA also, but since the NBA doesn't believe enough in their product (and the players don't seem to care much), it is hard to get past that to enjoy the skills of the players in that sport. The NFL guys go all out every game.

Football season has been a total bust for me: SU, Jets, Giants. I got nothin. Don't care much about the rest of college football, or the pros.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SYRtoBOS

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom