The best thing about this board... | Syracusefan.com

The best thing about this board...

Scooch

Living Legend
...is that whenever we lose a game, and I get frustrated and a little pessimistic, I can count on a dozen or so posters to be so outlandishly, ludicrously, impossibly unhinged that I quickly snap back to a better frame of mind.

Very disappointing loss. Second half was hot garbage all around.

I still think we’ll be good next year.

With some posters it's the same thing when we win a game (football or basketball).

There can be, and are, extremes on both sides.

Days like this happen. We were missing our teams heart under center, and we missed some injured players in our secondary dearly today.

Oh, yeah... d line also got brutalized. But thatll happen. They’re young and have been battling all year. D had a bad game. Its not the end of the world

...is that whenever we lose a game, and I get frustrated and a little pessimistic, I can count on a dozen or so posters to be so outlandishly, ludicrously, impossibly unhinged that I quickly snap back to a better frame of mind.

I want to throw up right now and I'm as pissed as anyone that our defense couldn't stop anything thrown at us today. Up 2 TD's at half, you're thinking this should be a win.

I agree that we should be good next year but man. That's a winnable game and honestly I think our coaching staff was one-upped today.

It helps snap you back into reality. That's for sure.

After a loss this place can be a little like the time I interned on a locked ward of a psychiatric center. The only difference is that no one is going to try and throw a chair at my head. ;)

After a loss this place can be a little like the time I interned on a locked ward of a psychiatric center. The only difference is that no one is going to try and throw a chair at my head. ;)

That you know of....
DUN DUN DUN

Days like this happen. We were missing our teams heart under center, and we missed some injured players in our secondary dearly today.

Oh, yeah... d line also got brutalized. But thatll happen. They’re young and have been battling all year. D had a bad game. Its not the end of the world

It’s not the end of the world, but it more than likely costs us a Bowl game. So it ends the world sooner.

My issue is that many posters on here jump all over anyone that criticizes Dino. Many here want to erect a statue of him already. Moral wins mean a lot to many on here.

I get Babers "consistantly good vs occasionaly great" mantra. Watching the U dismantle ND. We went toe to toe with the U. We had the opportunity to win. Then we give up 60 to Wake. I get it, i get it.

My issue is that many posters on here jump all over anyone that criticizes Dino. Many here want to erect a statue of him already. Moral wins mean a lot to many on here.

People jump on stupid criticism of Dino. Lots of valid critiques to be made about today. But when people just rant they deserve to get smacked back.

Who's replacing Ish and Erv? Who's replacing the LB corps? Saying they'll be good next year is a stretch. The guys who have to step up next season are not proven.

Still have a chance at a bowl game... I doubt it but it isn't impossible.

I love Dungey, but I don't think we were scoring 65 points with him even if he was fully healthy.
We wouldn't have had to. A healthy ED completely changes the dynamics of the game. Im not saying we would have won as 10 for Wake played close to a perfect game but the game would have been completely different.

Being a fan is being fanatic. A reasonable person would have found another thing to obsess about a long time ago. My wife, a Syracuse alum, laughs at my Charlie Brown enthusiasm to SU football. It’s ok to be crazy bc it’s all we have at this point.

To see 4-8 coming into focus is insanely disappointing. Not sure why people become so defensive of the facts. Hope like hell we can win last 2 and get some momentum back though. Back 2 back 4-8 is just gross no matter system, conference, etc. If that happens we are the worst team in the ACC. That kinda stinks

We wouldn't have had to. A healthy ED completely changes the dynamics of the game. Im not saying we would have won as 10 for Wake played close to a perfect game but the game would have been completely different.

I agree that the outcome would have been different with a different QB, but we have no idea if it would have been a better or worse outcome. Do we get Clemson Dungey or Middle Tennessee Dungey?

With some posters it's the same thing when we win a game (football or basketball).

There can be, and are, extremes on both sides.

Sometimes from the same poster. ;)

Being a fan is being fanatic. A reasonable person would have found another thing to obsess about a long time ago. My wife, a Syracuse alum, laughs at my Charlie Brown enthusiasm to SU football. It’s ok to be crazy bc it’s all we have at this point.

To see 4-8 coming into focus is insanely disappointing. Not sure why people become so defensive of the facts. Hope like hell we can win last 2 and get some momentum back though. Back 2 back 4-8 is just gross no matter system, conference, etc. If that happens we are the worst team in the ACC. That kinda stinks

sPitt and UNCheat would argue who's worse. System, conference, schedule, coaches and players absolutely matter. I'm not at all happy with yesterday, last week, or the week before... but I am PUMPED about the future.
Ok... I'm crazy.. so be it.

I love Dungey, but I don't think we were scoring 65 points with him even if he was fully healthy.
The dynamics of the games momentum certainly could have been altered

I'm with you, not happy about yesterday, but anybody that thinks we are the same team as last year is just not watching close enough.
We are getting bigger, stronger, getting more depth and learning the systems.
Other than losing all 3 LB's D line returns are promising, Frederick and Scoop will only get better and I think the O-Line has progressed nicely, we will return 4 of 5 starters and have 2 4 star linemen coming in, that will build much needed O Line depth.
I am not bashing Zach Mahoney, but next year if Dungey goes down, we will have 2 well recruited replacements that know the system, Zach was a walk on for a reason, again I thought he did well and I'm glad he is here, but he missed some throws.
Hopefully we continue to scour for JUCO talent and good Grad Transfer fits.
I am disappointed most for the seniors like Zaire and Parris, Erv and Steve, if we do not become bowl eligible, also for the 15 extra practices which I think are critical to recruiting and turning the program around, but I certainly see progress not to mention the schedule will become more reasonable. I am not giving up and we can still win our last 2.

Baber's told us at the start of the season that we are a better team even though that might not be reflected in the win and loss total. He also told us that we are razor thin in key positions and could not afford injuries at those spots.

This is exactly what we are watching play out. There is a qualitative difference in this team as compared to what we have suffered through the last 15 years (sans 2012).

There is no question in my mind that: we are a much better football team; we can now compete with most of the teams on the schedule; we have the perfect offense and an identity to take advantage of the Dome; Baber's is the right guy for the job.

We need to add more talent to that identity. Make no mistake, talent is an issue.