The Big Deceased is no longer | Syracusefan.com

The Big Deceased is no longer

Wow - I wonder what color the sky is in Mike Bianchi's world...

"Seriously, why would the ACC take UConn and Pitt instead of UCF and USF? And why would the Big 12 take TCU and possibly Louisville instead of UCF and USF? It's insanity."

"Seriously, why would the ACC take UConn and Pitt instead of UCF and USF? And why would the Big 12 take TCU and possibly Louisville instead of UCF and USF? It's insanity."
I suppose he could make the argument from the B12 side of things that they would get into the Florida market.

We're talking UCF here who isn't even in the BE yet and the only reason they are coming was desperation! It's not like they are Miami.

I think he makes a great point re: the combined TV markets of the I4 corridor and Tampa St. Pete. If FSU & Clemson favored the move, then an invite of USF, UCF, and L'ville would make sense.

Bianchi occupies a strange planet indeed.

Not too long ago he was writing the same kinds of articles about why UCF belonged in the BE.

All this expansion drama has become annoying.

Why would the ACC want 2 more Florida schools?
The only way this makes sense is if the ACC goes to 18 or 20 teams. The next two picks should be Louisville then UConn...go 15/16 and wait. I would put USF and UCF along with Cincy on the short list to call if things start to go to crap with more ACC defections. Also work the Navy for FB only angle if it guarantees ND to come in Full time.

The ACC has to be careful not to dilute the product...I think 15/16 is about the most I'd go...obviously I'd feel better if the schools would commit to staying.

You mean, why would the 4th and 5th best leagues want the 4th and 5th best teams in the state of FL? You mean, aside from the fact that the ACC already has the 2nd and 3rd best teams from FL in their league? Bianchi used to be the FL Gator beat writer in Gainesville so I am surprised he acquiesce to such a mediocre perspective for this article.

This is about eyeballs and the future. If the ACC takes UL we can throw the academic stuff out the window and then any school with a fan base makes sense. I do not see how anyone can argue for UL and dump on USF. They have the talent pool, the fan base and over the longer term would be an excellent conference member. The ACC cannot afford to have Miami as the only conference member. USF is an insurance policy on FSU leaving.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sturner5150

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom