The big east banner on the baseline | Syracusefan.com

The big east banner on the baseline

jgeorge322

Living Legend
Is playing tricks on my mind. Glad ill be there the rest of the week instead of watching on tv.

Is that a tv only banner or is it on the floor? Freaks me out. I spend more time looking at that damn thing than the game.

It's not really there.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

If you are watching on TV and can't tell that is just a graphic, then I want what u r smoking or drinking. That's all.

<edit> I will agree it is annoying/distracting as heck

ah yea, a lot more obvious when the official is standing on it

would be so much cooler if it was not a graphic

It's painted on the floor, but it's slanted in a way that you can only see it good on TV.

Look at the floor when someone is shooting FT's and they use a different camera angle.

If you are watching on TV and can't tell that is just a graphic, then I want what u r smoking or drinking. That's all.

:crazy:

It's painted on the floor, but it's slanted in a way that you can only see it good on TV.

Look at the floor when someone is shooting FT's and they use a different camera angle.

I was worried someone would trip over it.

Sent using my Commodore 64

Ok...all joking aside. Now I'm pissed that I can't go back to look at it on TV. Is is really a cool optical illusion painted on the floor or just an ESPN graphic. I assumed the latter when I was watching, but now I'm intrigued (and embarrassed that I'm asking this question).

Your incorrect.

Toronto Raptors use exact same type of banner for at least 2 years. And it is absolutely painted on - as I witnessed live at several contests. It looks weird in person ( blobby) - its painted for TV viewers.

It's a cool optical illusion but you would think that they could come up with a better design than that by now! Julian Beever has been creating great perspective art for year with his sidewalk art.

Your incorrect.

Toronto Raptors use exact same type of banner for at least 2 years. And it is absolutely painted on - as I witnessed live at several contests. It looks weird in person ( blobby) - its painted for TV viewers.
Wow my bad. Looks so hokey. Thanks!

Is that a tv only banner or is it on the floor? Freaks me out. I spend more time looking at that damn thing than the game.

I thought I was the only one. lol. Those 3-d'ish ground paintings always freak me out.

You guys haven't watched soccer before, have you?
Yeah, they've been using this type of graphic in Europe for a while now.

It seems fairly pointless to me. Looks weird in person, and doesn't give the viewer anything that can't normally see anyways. I'm pretty sure I've never watched a bball game and was upset about how hard it was to read the words on each baseline.

The Toronto Raptors do the same thing on their court. It's just painted at an odd angle.

Hard to take your eyes off it. Can they create an optical illusion to give the perception our shots are going in the basket? It would only need to be visible to the official scorer...

You notice it alot the first few games, and it is annoying, and it eventually fades away. Hopefully, by the fourth Syracuse game on the floor it will barely be noticed.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SYRtoBOS

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom