The Big East name itself---for sale at some point? | Syracusefan.com

The Big East name itself---for sale at some point?

elimunelson

Solvay Fanatic
At this point, the ACC should inquire about the naming rights to the Big East and trying to buy the Big East asset (i.e. access to MSG). If the Big East is a folding ship, isn't it, at some point, in liquidation mode and the hoops only schools could potentially make some nice coin walking away with selling the big east name to the ACC North schools or something.

I just see the Big East football falling apart very soon and the Hoops Only schools going off on their own (getting a MUCH smaller tv deal). Why not try and maximize this one time sell off and then go ride off into the sunset. Not sure MSG is going to want those tiny Catholic schools (sans ND) using MSG during tourney week anyway.

The basketball-only schools will gladly keep the Big East name.

I see Big East football's best revenue maker going forward as a collection of fees for teams leaving. Why not just move other assets as well or negotiate with the hoops schools to buy that contract to MSG? That would be a major coup for the ACC to host their tournament at MSG.

The Big East name has been dragged through the mud and beaten so badly nobody would want it. It's a tarnished brand!

That would be a major coup for the ACC to host their tournament at MSG.

They don't want to host it there. The Carolina schools want those games in their backyard...every year!! They don't care about MSG or the "new kids on the block" from the Northeast.

They don't want to host it there. The Carolina schools want those games in their backyard...every year!! They don't care about MSG or the "new kids on the block" from the Northeast.

They'll hold it in Louisville - once they're invited - before they hold it at MSG.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sturner5150

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom