The Big Lead story on UNC's academic fraud. | Syracusefan.com

The Big Lead story on UNC's academic fraud.

Not a NC or Roy Williams fan, but if the NCAA was serious about things like that, most of the colleges who participate in major sports (football/basketball) would have been nailed a long time ago.

They all do it to some degree.

Not a NC or Roy Williams fan, but if the NCAA was serious about things like that, most of the colleges who participate in major sports (football/basketball) would have been nailed a long time ago.

They all do it to some degree.
They all have fraudulent classes with little or no instruction that they push athletes into?

All might be a slight exaggeration?

Phony classes and phony grades are pretty common...I believe.

I saw it when I was in college in the 70's and I think it's even more common now.

My point is...the ncaa has turned a blind eye to most of the academic shenanigans that even inspector Clouseau would have seen.

All might be a slight exaggeration?

Phony classes and phony grades are pretty common...I believe.

I saw it when I was in college in the 70's and I think it's even more common now.
Yup. Even 30 years ago at Divsion Three SUNY-Oswego with the Canadian Hockey players.

They all have fraudulent classes with little or no instruction that they push athletes into?

Fraudulent may be too strong of a word, but when I was at SU and had a class with athletes in it I knew it wasn't going to be as challenging as most of my other classes. The athletic tutors know what professors teach easier sections of classes and the athletes are steered toward those sections of the class. I believe this is true of most Universities who have athletic programs. This was even true at the Division III program where I coached, our players were steered toward the easier courses.

Yup. Even 30 years ago at Divsion Three SUNY-Oswego with the Canadian Hockey players.

Funny you mention canadian hockey players. I went to Clarkson and hockey players slid by like crazy. Sometimes doing nothing more on a test than drawing hockey sticks. The only serious student when I was there was Dave Taylor.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk 2

People are hero worshiping UNC, if this were a school that wasn't liked there would be zero "everyone does it" posts.

As a doctoral grad student at Syracuse in another department I was asked to do a critique of a class in the speech communications program. It looked like half the class was from the football team. The class assignment was a glorified "show and tell" that kids do in elementary school.

People are hero worshiping UNC, if this were a school that wasn't liked there would be zero "everyone does it" posts.

Like and bump. Fab wasn't allowed to change Fencing into something else midsemester.